Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:57 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Mr.Z wrote:
Kapt. Kirk, Live Long and Prosper, btw, do you read Star Trek Books, are they worth much? I have read a few, I am reading Twilight Zone comics (by Dark Horse), currently, they are ok.

Yes, I am with TZ, love to hear how this ends.

I did provide a link for anyone who wants to check up on the on-going auction; here it is again - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Action-Comics-1 ... 486c0b5949
The price just went up $50,000 an hour ago as another bid came in, but it's still just under $1.7 million... :smoke:

As for Star Trek Books, do you mean all the various novelizations? I used to read those a lot, up until 4-5 years ago; then I got burned out on all of them. I don't think they're really worth anything because these were all very mass-produced and there are so many of them. Maybe a 1st edition of a few from the early seventies or late sixties are worth a few bucks, meaning the earliest ones published. I think the first one was by Mack Reynolds, Mission to Horatio (going by memory), around 1967. The one I really liked was by Peter David, Q-Squared; that's a TNG one, though it does have the Trelane character from the old series.

EDIT: I just realized, you might mean Star Trek comics? The old Gold Key comics from the late sixties- the earliest ones, the 1st 10 issues, are worth something; I sold issue #1 for about $100, I think, but it was in average condition; a NM (near mint) would bring $300-$400. Marvel put out a few in the late seventies to 1980, as the 1st film came out; these are worth a lot less, like 10 dollars, but I sold a professionally graded NM #1 for $35. The later ones from DC and others are worth even less. I read all these back in the seventies and eighties, but not in the past decade.

I also have stuff like the Star Trek Technical Manual book from around 1975. But, I think even something like that would not fetch more than 10-15 dollars.

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:09 pm 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

My Mood: Ecstatic
Kapt, Yes I meant the comics, sorry, I should have specified; yet, cool that you have read them and the novels too, I read a few of the novels in my high school days, I loved how they kept true to the characters and to the show. I am a huge Peter David fan, and loved Q-Squared, loved his run on the Incredible Hulk comics, as well.

Its kind of sad how prices of everything else keep going up, but something like your ST technical manual, that is like 40 years old or other sci fi and comic related stuff that is that old or older :barely improve in price ( well most stuff, with exceptions).

Thanks for the info, good Kapt.Kirk.

Zone Peace and Prosper.

PtE is #1Image

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:48 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Here is just a brief update - this Action Comics #1 CGC 9.0 in the current auction just hit $2 million in bidding this morning - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Action-Comics-1 ... 486c0b5949 - so it's almost up to the record held by the previous Action Comics #1 CGC 9.0, which sold for $2.16 million, and with 5 days left to go (it's halfway through the 10-day auction). Will it be the first $3 million comic book? Or will it level off around $2.5 million? Or..?

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:06 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

Action Comics #1 CGC 9.0 White Pages. And the Answer is...

it looked like it would end at around $2.7 million but in the last few seconds a final bid took it over $3 million ($3.2 million and change). So, yes -- the first $3 million (+) comic book. History is made. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Action-Comics-1 ... 1050328393

"Behold! I Teach you the Superman :

He is This Lightning...

He is This Madness...
!"
- Nietzsche

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:27 pm 
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!

My Mood: Neutral
Looks like $100,000 in 1968 Dollars is all we can expect!

But that would be $687,460 in 2014 Dollars US.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:29 am 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

My Mood: Ecstatic
RING the BELLS :bell:

Go Comic books go!!!

Z

PtE is #1Image