Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:43 pm 
Post Master General
Post Master General

My Mood: Ecstatic

Episode 13 - Perfidia

Original Air Date: December 19, 2007
Writer: Aeden Babish & Matt McGuinness
Director: Alex Graves

Dan's travels have lead him to another time traveler, which in turn provides answers about the past and present.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:35 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Neutral
10! A cool and fun episode that gives us a lot of insight into how Dan Vasser's time traveling works, why he and Olivia are able to travel through time and the intruiging possibility that he might be able to put a stop to it and resume a normal life...if he wants to. Eliott Langley's best appearance of the series and a cool way to end the series, even though it was only intended as a season finale.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:39 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Anyone else notice how they showed a close up of Dan's eye in the pilot episode and then a close up of Katie's eye at the end of this episode? What do you think it means? Maybe that Katie finally sees and understands Dan and that he wants to help people? Maybe in both cases that they've gone through life changing, eye opening experiences? As they used to say on local WPIX-11 TV here, "what's your opinion? We'd like to know."

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:28 pm 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Anthony wrote:
Anyone else notice how they showed a close up of Dan's eye in the pilot episode and then a close up of Katie's eye at the end of this episode?

Yep - I caught that. We open with the world through Dan's eyes and close with Katie's perception. It was cool that she finally got to see him step/slip into time.

A bitter sweet episode. It is unfortunately also the last. Just as everything was coming around and beginning to click - bamf! The back story completion and full circle involvement is clean and nice. If you are going to end a series abruptly, this is the way to do it.

Alas, poor Evan Pattison, had to live out his own little butterfly effect. It shows us how this whole affair began and to what extremes the time stepping karmic law binds us all. A glimpse of what may happen to Dan, what has happened to Dan, and Mr. Elliot Langley's knowledge/involvement in it.

10!

Post subject: Re: Perfidia
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:00 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

I am starting to rewatch these and this might be my favorite of the series. I will post again when I watch it again. I also like here that they gave Dan an out with tranquilizers and how they could put a stop to his time traveling. This had a very Quantum Leap feel to it, someone going around back in time helping people and being guided by some unknown force. Much like QL too, we're led to believe that maybe the protagonist has some control over his time tripping as Langley says here in the finale that "As far as I can tell, no one is DOING anything". I guess Dan could either take meds or find some way to stop at any time. I'd like to believe that Dan would want to stop at some point and live a normal life and leave any more time traveling up to Olivia or someone else they might have introduced later in the series. Great show.

Post subject: Re: Perfidia
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:37 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Upon rewatching, still a great episode. We also get to see here the effects of changing things in the past and how it can mess up someone's life, just like in Blowback and the previous episode, The Hanged Man. Don McManus is a hell of a character actor and is great here as Evan. I later also saw him in a Christmas episode of Psych where he plays a con man who works with his daughter and then decides to go straight after he and his other adult partner's life is threatened and as a creepy social worker in a first season Cold Case episode.

Great way to wrap up the season too. I found it interesting that Dan can ultimately decide to continue his time traveling or not and liked that he decided to continue, at least for now, so he can help more people, as he has seen the impact the people he helps has on so many other lives. That's another great moral here too, that we can never tell how many other lives are touched by the lives we touch and that we're also connected somehow and should do out part to make the world a better place, or at least our own part of it that we live in. And that's a hell of a lesson for a story to have.

I wonder if Dan would've eventually used the sedatives or just if his decision to stop would have led to him ending his time tripping. I would guess that one of those two would have happened. I find that I don't mind cliffhangers so much anymore, which makes TV a lot more enjoyable for me these days. Glad I could share my thoughts here with others who also enjoyed this great series.