Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:53 pm 
Post Master General
Post Master General

My Mood: Ecstatic
Episode 9 - Emily

Original Air Date: November 19, 2007
Writer: Juan Carlos Coto
Director: Frederick King Keller

Dan starts to garner support from Jack when he changes the timeline and erases the progress.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:13 pm 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Interesting little Paradox in this episode. Does Dan stay on target and concentrate on saving Emily or does he put the pedophile away before he can stalk and kidnap another child. And if he breaks his assigned target, how bad will things get?

Jack begins to believe that Dan maybe able to time travel and in the present begins a background check on our pedophile, Aeden Bennett.

Agent Garrity is continuing his investigation on both the Dylan McCleen money and one of Jack's old case files where a 2003 $20.00 bill was handed to a cabby in 1995. Filed as a forgery, Agent Garrity believes that Dan had access to prototype case 12 years ago or has the ability to travel in time.

Theresa - Jack's girlfriend/Doctor - is trying to convince him to have Dan check in with a local Shrink or have Jack arrest him on a 5150.

Zack begins to show a hostility issue at school that coincides with a headache - just like daddy.

Nice tight story that really begins to pick the pace up. A side effect of changing the time-line is finally addressed up close and personal.

8!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:42 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Neutral

Post subject: Re: Emily
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:26 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Neutral
Yeah another episode that deals with paradoxes and the consequences of Dan's actions in the past. Livia can sympathize, as she says she has also gone "off the reservation" in the past. We see more of the toll Dan's time traveling is taking on his family, with Zack acting out at school and at home to get more attention from his father and Katie being increasingly stressed out. Jack is starting to get on board with Dan's trips to the past and helps Dan out for the first time on an assignment.

A nice theme of childhood trauma and loss of innocence in this episode, as we have Emily bouncing around foster homes and living on the streets in between. This theme is later explored in the next episode as well. Good suspense with Garrity looking more into Dan's past and browser history, seeming very interested in the possibility of Dan being a time traveler for some reason. Taut suspense as the episode progresses. I give this a solid 9.