Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:59 pm 
Post Master General
Post Master General

My Mood: Ecstatic

Episode 7 - Double Down

Original Air Date: November 5, 2007
Writer: J.R. Orci
Director: Alex Graves

Katie considers going back to work as a television journalist while Dan travels back in time to protect a witness from certain death.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:01 am 
Director of the National Post
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
Upon seeing this one again, I came to realize 2 things.
This may not be my favorite episode out of the bunch, but yet it stands out just how damn strong this series really was.
Even on the "mediocre" episodes, I now remember just how much I liked this show.

We have all the factors working here, that make his show so great.

Dan drifts back in time again, and finds himself in the middle of yet another problem, and its cool to see how he works his way out of this one.
He sees and fights with himself in the past in this episode, and its interesting how they handle it.
We also have the added intrigue of how he deals with Dylan McQueen's long lost money, that he wound up with in a previous episode.
Dan's brother just happens upon it while babysitting, and this starts the friction between them yet again.

Watching this one makes me want to "start from scratch" yet again, and see the series through from the beginning one more time.

I think I am going to do exactly that.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:04 am 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
OK - six year old kids are terrible about keeping secrets, especially to their Uncle who is a too nosy police inspector.

Jack takes one of the hundreds from the stack and has a trace done on it, which activates the Feds that another of Dylan McCleen's lost bills has surfaced. Thanks Jack!

Katie gets an interview with Channel 6 to do the mid-day news which reacquaints her with an old friend and poker buddy of Dan's, Ed Franklin. Ah, how all these lives touch upon each other. Livia returns, and as assumed, she is connected to Dan. Where ever he jumps, she does too.

Enter our idiosyncratic Fed, Agent Richard Garrity. Stereotypical FBI with too many federal judges at his disposal and conspiracy theory's for his appearance to be mere coincidence. The perfect dick that even Jack doesn't like.

Lots of good behind the scene questions arise in this episode and some even answer some nagging questions of both viewers and Livia. Hardly fast past but definitely a need to watch as Dan's time travels are beginning to set off current day red flags.

6!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:51 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

8!

Post subject: Re: Double Down
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:42 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Red flags indeed. And more is revealed from Mr. Elliot Langley with one of the greatest TV show quotes I've ever heard, "The men with guns always want to control the men with ideas." Langley's experience with the government comes in handy as we're starting to see that same thing happen to Dan with this Agent Garrity. Something I didn't catch last time was that Langley implies that those in the government that know about someone's time travel knowledge or abilities might want to get such a person to help and work for them. It seems like this is what's going on with Garrity here. There seems to be a group of government agents of some kind or some other kind of group that want to use people like Dan and Langley for their knowledge and abilities. Or maybe they want to stop them. Unfortunately, we never really get to find out for sure, but I lean towards agents that want to recruit our time traveler here.

This is the first time the show really deals with the possibility of a paradox with Dan's time traveling, as he and Livia have to work hard to prevent paradoxes, while at the same time having to help someone make it to court to testify against drug dealing gang members. After the initial save, Most of the rest of the story deals with making sure things in Dan's life stay on their natural course, with a little help from Richie's/Mcleen's money. So, in a nutshell, good episode that reveals a little more about Dan's past where he saves someone else's life, then his own and then prevents any major changes in his current life. I'll go with an 8 on this one.