Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:08 pm 
Post Master General
Post Master General

My Mood: Ecstatic

Episode 4 - The Year of the Rabbit

Original Air Date: October 15, 2007
Writer: Joan Binder Weiss
Director: Laura Innes

Dan helps a young woman faced with 20 years in prison; while stranding his wife at her gala fundraiser.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:39 pm 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Interesting Dan's life fill-ins here more so than the time subject sub plot. This was a crisis eruption in Vasser's public & personal life episode. This was cool and needed to be told.

The best or at least more interesting part of this episode was the introduction of Elliott Langley - a tachyon expert that not only knew Dan's father - but has the ability to make phone call into the past.

7!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:37 pm 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
DrMoreau wrote:

The best or at least more interesting part of this episode was the introduction of Elliott Langley - a tachyon expert that not only knew Dan's father - but has the ability to make phone call into the past.

7!

Yes- I am sure you heard me mention this character to lazy in our exchanges about this show.
Easily the most interesting character of the series, in my opinion.
In fact, he gets even more interesting as the episodes go on.

TZ DZ fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:43 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

8!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:44 pm 

Watching this one again tonight, thrust me right back into the middle of the series, and builds anticipation for more episodes once again.

We have alot of Dans personal problems coming to the front, with his ability to travel through time spearheading it all.

His wife finding out about the presence (well sort of) of Livia.
Escalating tension between him and his brother, with his wife in the middle........... or is she?

This one is absolutely great, as we see Dan drifting back and forth in time, dealing with problems on both ends as he goes along.
His boss at the paper is rather cliche', but he plays the part well, so thats excused. :clap:

Easily the highlight of the episode to me, was as DrMoreau mentioned, the phone contact by Elliot Langley.... the "tachyon man".
Unfortunately we don't see him yet, we only hear his voice, which adds to his mystery even moreso.

We also learn that Dan more or less has "free reign", and can change certain things in the past, but as we see in future episodes, sometimes these actions come with terrible consequences.

Strong 8 from this corner.

TZ DZ fan

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:21 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

We get to see here the increasing stress Dan's time tripping is taking on his wife, which once again drags his brother Jack in for help. We can see how Dan and Katie want to tell Jack, so they can stop hiding the fact of his time traveling from him but at this point, they think they can still handle it themselves. We also see that even though Jack used to date Katie, he truly cares about his brother and wants to see his marriage work. Speaking of relationships, we have the introduction of Theresa, Jack's first date in a long time, we're told. Reed Diamond recently played a similar role to this up until last season on The Mentalist, as an FBI agent. Excellent dramatic tension, not only of trying to keep secrets from Jack, but of trying to avoid the police in the present once Dan disarms an assailant in the past and of Katie learning more about Olivia and finding out that she is also a time traveler, plus the introduction of the brilliant and mysterious Elliott Langley, who is somehow able to call Dan Vassar in the past from the present. We see how not only having old currency, but having an old cell phone can come in handy even more. And yes, also how Dan can change things to help those he is assigned to is well played here. We later see again when Dan tries to change things outside his assignment how disastrous that can go (although that does kind of help him in a way as well). Solid 8.