Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:11 pm 
Post Master General
Post Master General

My Mood: Ecstatic

Episode 3 - Game Three

Original Air Date: October 8, 2007
Writer: Tom Szentgyorgyi
Director: Alex Graves

Dan's travels take him back to the same day, same year each time; the day of the Loma Prieta Earthquake on Oct. 17th, 1989.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:22 pm 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Nice episode - in more was than one. For the 1st time, Dan is sent back to the same day and date repeatedly, the San Fransisco Earthquake of 1989 and Game 3 of the World Series. Ah yes, I remember it well. Dan always starts at the Palace of Fine Arts - love that park.

The continuing saga of Dan's relationship with Livia and Katie begin to hit home as both women learn of each others influence and involvement in Dan's life. Yeah - things are heating up now at the home front.

I like the fact that we see the decisions that Dan has to make. He instantly doesn't fall into the right spots and tries to change what he wants to change rather than the person at hand. Always good to see our leads attempt to buck the grain once and a while. A nicely woven 4 plot story that overlaps cleanly.

8!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:10 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Neutral
Yeah I like how this episode shows the importance of Dan sticking with his mission and not trying to change other things he feels are more important. Nice that we got to learn more about his editor Hugh and see and learn a little about his sister too, too bad Dan wasn't able to save her. Good actress playing the sister too, she was also in a Cold Case called The Sleepover. Total babe too.

Post subject: Re: Game Three
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:08 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Neutral
This is where Journeyman really starts to hit its stride IMO. And speaking of plot twists, this one is full of them. Not only does this show the importance of Dan sticking with his assignment, but also what could happen when he tries to make other changes on his own and how that can backfire. The best twist in this episode was when we find out that the death of Hugh's sister Charlotte was actually what lead Hugh to finally quit drinking and "The Hulk" never looked back after that, never again drinking any alcohol. Dan going back to the same day was a nice touch, plus the near death of the guy he saves, which also leads him to quit a bad habit: gambling, which Dan himself was all too familiar with. Turns out this episode had two Cold Case guest stars, the actress playing Charlotte and the actor playing the lawyer character, Alan Pratt, who played a serial killer who gets away and then pops up again before getting stopped. 9.