Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:19 pm 
Post Master General
Post Master General

My Mood: Ecstatic

Episode 1 - A Love of a Lifetime

Original Air Date: September 24, 2007
Writer: Kevin Falls
Director: Alex Graves
Cast: Kevin Mc Kidd, Gretchen Egolf, Moon Bloodgood, Reed Diamond, Brian Howe, Charles Henry Wyson

Dan Vasser, a San Francisco reporter, adventures in time have just begun but his problems in the present are still awaiting his return.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:47 am 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
First time seeing any episodes of this show. I never caught it in its run, although I had wanted to; big Kevin Mc Kidd fan.

Strong episode. I love the SF local - just goes to prove than between this and Sliders, if you want to experience time travel, Frisco is probably the city you want to be in. :D

The complication of past meets present. Life, love, and the intricate threads that tie them throught our lifespan touch in many ways. We get Dan's complete relationship with his wife, Katie, and ex-love, Livia. A bit like "Quantum Leap" at initial glance, but it's not - so move past that concept.

* Dan has no Al or Ziggy. Like the viewer, he has to figure it out between time trips.
    * He is in fluid flux between different periods of the past and returning to the present.
    * He is always himself, so must be extra careful at all times - he is, after all, an anacronism.
    * His present life, personal and work, and all their obligations are still part of the storyline.
    * Having both a hawt wife and ex-lover for eye-candy certainly is a bonus.

A real life, thinking mans, time detective story that bitter sweet and thought provoking. If the rest of the series is of this calibur, I can't imagine why it would be dropped and not picked up by another network - broadcast or cable.

9!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:35 pm 
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
DrMoreau wrote:
First time seeing any episodes of this show. I never caught it in its run, although I had wanted to; big Kevin Mc Kidd fan.

You sir, are in for a treat.
Why this was dropped I will never understand.
After a few episodes, I realized I was watching something special.
I can only imagine the ratings weren't quite up to what was hoped for, as I imagine the show had a HUGE budget.

I also seriously doubt we will get to see something along these lines (this good) for a long time.
You should see these on the big screen, its awesome.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:17 am 
Post Master General
Post Master General

Fun series. I expected this to be more active than it's been. Everyone should watch this Pilot episode and comment. If it's not to your liking, fair enough. I think some of you may find it very compelling. A strong opening episode.

9/10

Have Fun & Happy Posting,

Phineas J. Whoopee

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:31 am 

To be honest, I was expecting a bit more action here also.

This show may not be everyones "cup of tea", but in my opinion it seems to be something alot of the members here would like.
Alot of us seem to have similar tastes.

Lazy is a fan, but he may be on lockdown mode currently. :P

I personally thought the pilot was good, but the show seemed to really hit its stride after a few episodes, and got better IMO.

I believe Rorschach said he couldn't access/watch these shows,(he is over in the UK), and I am betting Mr. Trent cannot as well.
Maybe they can find them elsewhere online. Its worth the effort, trust me.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:01 am 

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
I believe Rorschach said he couldn't access/watch these shows,(he is over in the UK), and I am betting Mr. Trent cannot as well.

Really? Are you getting a not allowed in your region message or is it just not playing. Let us know and we can investigate further on this issue.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:07 am 

DrMoreau wrote:
TZ DZ Fan wrote:

Really? Are you getting a not allowed in your region message or is it just not playing. Let us know and we can investigate further on this issue.

I haven't spoken to Rorschach in a couple of days, perhaps he or Mr. Trent will speak up here and let us know.

If memory serves correctly, Rorschach couldn't access anything on hulu.
I could be wrong on that though.
I'm normally wrong at least once every 6-8 months on somesing. :wink:

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:47 am 
National Postal Manager
National Postal Manager

My Mood: Indifferent
Hey sorry I've negelected looking at this thread recently, the reason I can't see it is because they only stream within the US.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:23 am 

Rorschach wrote:
Hey sorry I've negelected looking at this thread recently, the reason I can't see it is because they only stream within the US.

Well that's a damn shame. I know the good folk at Hulu went to a lot of time and trouble to get the international broadcast rights on these shows and movies from the studios and networks. They were unable to secure these rights for Tales from the Crypt and The Prisoner and therefore do not stream them. They did not even bother with TZ but do have the Night Gallery Season 1. Sorry all my non North American friends - I thought for sure International meant exactly that. Perhaps on some titles they only have the North American rights. I'll investigate further.

DrM

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:43 pm 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

8. Its a nice show, has a TZ motif going on, strange time traveling series, this is my first episode I have seen.
It has potential. I like the lead, and the special fx. I will watch more.

Thanks for sharing,sirs.

MrZ

PtE is #1Image

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:12 am 

Mr.Z wrote:
8. Its a nice show, has a TZ motif going on, strange time traveling series, this is my first episode I have seen.
It has potentional. I like the lead, and the special fx. I will watch more.

Thanks for sharing,sirs.

MrZ

This was an AWESOME show. Many TZ -ish elements, and drama and real life situations all dealt in one nice time travel package.

This is one series that never should have been cancelled.
Mr.Z- This one gets better as it goes along. The 3-4th eps are really getting into its stride, and its truly an enjoyable watch.
There won't be many more along these lines anytime soon, and for this to be cancelled was a travesty.

I soooo look forward to your and DrM's remaining thoughts on the series.

TZ DZ Fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:23 am 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

TZ DZ Fan wrote:
Mr.Z wrote:
It has potentional. I like the lead, and the special fx. I will watch more.

Thanks for sharing,sirs.

MrZ

This was an AWESOME show. Many TZ -ish elements, and drama and real life situations all dealt in one nice time travel package.

This is one series that never should have been cancelled.
Mr.Z- This one gets better as it goes along. The 3-4th eps are really getting into its stride, and its truly an enjoyable watch.
There won't be many more along these lines anytime soon, and for this to be cancelled was a travesty.

I soooo look forward to your and DrM's remaining thoughts on the series.

TZ DZ Fan

Thanks Mr TZ DZ,

I love your insight into this and other great shows, your opinions are magnificently expressed, and well thought out.
I feel we usually agree, and here is no different, I think this pilot is fine. I will let you in on what I think of the other episodes
as I watch. I so do like a zonish show, and true, its been a long time since anything of that vein has aired.

Thanks again
MrZ

PtE is #1Image

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:00 pm 
Post Master General
Post Master General

Congratulations, MrZ. Another fresh convert to the soon to be cult classic TV show. :clap:

Happy Posting & Have Fun,

Phineas J. Whoopee

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:48 pm 

Glad to see ya made it, Mr. Z!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:37 am 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

DrMoreau wrote:
Glad to see ya made it, Mr. Z!

Thank yous are in order to the great Mr. W, and Dr.M.
I really want to experiment, eventually I will get to more of
the shows here, I am still searching out TOL episodes, yet
I will watch these new and classic programs as time permits.

I like this show, nice concept,nice effects, I will let you know my thoughts in regards to
other episodes too.

MrZ

PtE is #1Image

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:58 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

DrMoreau wrote:

Strong episode. I love the SF local - just goes to prove than between this and Sliders, if you want to experience time travel, Frisco is probably the city you want to be in. :D

The complication of past meets present. Life, love, and the intricate threads that tie them throught our lifespan touch in many ways. We get Dan's complete relationship with his wife, Katie, and ex-love, Livia. A bit like "Quantum Leap" at initial glance, but it's not - so move past that concept.

* Dan has no Al or Ziggy. Like the viewer, he has to figure it out between time trips.
    * He is in fluid flux between different periods of the past and returning to the present.
    * He is always himself, so must be extra careful at all times - he is, after all, an anacronism.
    * His present life, personal and work, and all their obligations are still part of the storyline.

A real life, thinking mans, time detective story that bitter sweet and thought provoking. If the rest of the series is of this calibur, I can't imagine why it would be dropped and not picked up by another network - broadcast or cable.

9!

9. I missed the first two episodes originally, I just got them on DVD from a buddy of mine and watched the first 3 episodes so will comment as I watch them. A strong pilot, introduces us to all the people in Dan's life and the confusion of traveling back and forth through time. Does anyone know what football game is on in the bar when Dan first goes back in time. He says it was 8 years ago so I guess he was in 1999? Looked like the 49ers, but was it some classic game or something or maybe a record breaking Jerry Rice catch?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:00 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

DrMoreau wrote:

9!

I think Olivia is supposed to be the Al/Ziggy character on his show. The only difference is she doesn't know what his assignments are, but tries to help him along on his missions. Moon Bloodgood is HAWT!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:46 am 

Anthony wrote:
I think Olivia is supposed to be the Al/Ziggy character on his show. The only difference is she doesn't know what his assignments are, but tries to help him along on his missions. Moon Bloodgood is HAWT!

True - but this is not revealed to us on initial viewing. Down the road we learn more about Olivia's involement regarding this whole time travel situation.
Image HAWT!!!!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:29 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

DrMoreau wrote:
Anthony wrote:

True - but this is not revealed to us on initial viewing. Down the road we learn more about Olivia's involement regarding this whole time travel situation.
Image HAWT!!!!

What was that? For some reason I was having trouble concentrating. :o

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:13 am 
The General
The General

My Mood: Giddy
I remember when this show started and I kept putting it on the DVR, but it kept getting erased for other shows! Ironic.
I thought it would be interesting and it is very cool. One has to really pay attention and even then some of it is a bit confusing,as if the writer thinks we know these characters already! The two brothers who look the same are a bit confusing as well. But hell seeing Livia
(the above babe :wub: ) walking around in said above attire is well worth it! Well, not only that, but the SF background is always cool.
I mean they are walking around and the Golden Gate Bridge is in the background and the high-rise streets are a very nice added quality.
I also liked the surprise twist ending which I knew was coming, kind of, but didn't see it coming that way at all!
Then even more twisted is when he dug up the box! I guess I need to watch it again.
A damn shame this is only 13 episodes! I am surprised some other outlet hasn't picked this up!
I would recommend this to all the TZ/TOL fans out there.
....oh and sorry I have meant to get into this forum much earlier, but just never did.......

"Oh, just sittin' here with our teeth in our mouth" Vic & Sade

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:49 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
Always enjoyed the notion of time travel, so I was glad to see a new show using that concept. I recall watching this pilot and thinking it was a good solid show, but like TZDZ, I wasn't hooked immediately -- it wasn't "a must see" for me, though I did tune in each week. Watching it again, it's just entertaining and I wish it was picked up for another season.

9!

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:45 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

9. As I have a better quality set to watch, I will be going through these again. Done with the first 4 so far. This is a strong pilot. I found it very convincing in how it portrayed the great confusion Dan and Katie go through as they both get used to his time traveling. How quickly can you guys tell what year he goes back to? I usually know from any sports reference, like the world series in the Game Three episode or mention of the NFL strike in the pilot here with the '80s music in the background. I'll never forget that, as that damn strike kept most of the Giants starters out and kept them from repeating as Super Bowl champions. Anyway, I'd also like to add that this has a great ending that I don't want to ruin for anyone that hasn't seen it but Dan does something pretty cool and clever to convince his wife that he went back in time and isn't back to gambling and isn't doing drugs :sparkle: