Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:43 pm 
Post Master General
Post Master General

My Mood: Ecstatic
Episode 15: Turu the Terrible

Original Air Date: December 24, 1964
Writer: William D. Hamilton
Director: Dan Gordon

Amazon Jungle: While still in South America, Dr. Quest learns of a vast vein of Trinoxite; an ore valued for it use in the space race. However, the vein lies high upon a plateau that is guarded by an old man in a wheel chair and his pet pteranodon.
"KILL, Turu, KILL!" - Deen

Image*First Episode to start Thursday Night Run Time.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:21 pm 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
"Kill, Turu! Kill the white men!"

It's phrases like this you just don't hear on Politically Correct TV. Add into it young boys shooting crocodiles with rifles, no really, a 10 year old Jonny shooting the crocs with high powered rifles. Add in Race and Doctor Quest using the jet/rocket belts for the first time and shooting a still living, breathing, and flying PtEranodon with a bazooka, we know this show is bound to be a fun little ride.

As a kid, the dinosaur aspect was a big selling point of this episode. As an adult, this is just a fun action packed little episode of human slavery, dinosaurs, precious trioxide, and some cool tech.

A few questions still bothers me on this episode though. If Deen - whose name is never mentioned in the show but must have been in the character and script - is in a wheel chair, how did he get into the jungle, let alone up the mountain in the 1st place. I doubt he had it shipped in to him from his Sears and Roebucks catalog, so I have to assume he was crippled prior to arriving up the mountain. Since the area is known as the land of the turu - did Deen find Turu or raise him from an egg? But then again, it's things like this that keep me watching.

8!

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:09 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Mean
A story about a crazy old man and his dinosaur. The Quest crew has a number of close calls, including a crocodile attack which is quelled with a barrage of gunfire delivered by Race, Dr. Quest and Jonny and Hadji. Boys with guns in cartoons. Those days are gone...

Race and Dr. Quest go after Turu the Terrible and bring a bazooka-influenced demise to the creature. The old man who "trained" Turu bites the dust, too. But, the Quests manage to come out on top by freeing some slaves and discovering a new metal for the space program. It's all in a day's work.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Race and Dr. Quest use jetpacks to fly up the mountain to Turu's lair. Love the jetpacks...

My Rating: 7 - Very Good

Post subject: Re:
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:53 pm 
Postal Clerk
Postal Clerk

DrMoreau wrote:
"Kill, Turu! Kill the white men!"

It's phrases like this you just don't hear on Politically Correct TV. Add into it young boys shooting crocodiles with rifles, no really, a 10 year old Jonny shooting the crocs with high powered rifles. Add in Race and Doctor Quest using the jet/rocket belts for the first time and shooting a still living, breathing, and flying PtEranodon with a bazooka, we know this show is bound to be a fun little ride.

8!

Yes, but that would be my problem with it. If it's a choice between a surviving pterasaur (or heck, a modern-day reptile) and a given human being (notice I say a "given" one as a sort of qualifier), it's not that easy a choice.
I feel the same way watching Valley of Gwangi - Lope is about the LEAST AGGRAVATING little kid in the HISTORY of monster movies, but if seeing him rescued means seeing that Pteranodon killed...