Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:22 pm 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
OK - some bright genius at Hulu decided to move their AHP from Free to the Hulu Plus package because NetFlix is charging for them and receiving large dividends.

1st off: NetFlix doesn't have commercials. Hulu Plus Still Does.

After 4 years of being free with commercials in the start, middle and end, I doubt people will want to pay for AHP and still get beginning and end commercials from Hulu-Plus when they get no commercials at Netflix. For free, yep, I'll tolerate the commercials.

Anyway, as stated, after 4 years of View and Review viewing here courtesy of free Hulu, the AHP episodes will soon slowly disappear season by season. As for the 5th season hosted on Videozer, those are already gone due to the FBI scare world wide with MegaUpload closing. I'm confident that in a few months that scare will be brushed aside and free versions of AHP will be back on the air. However, if you want AHP free on Hulu again - stop by and drop a complaint in their in box and tell them thanks but no thanks, NetFlix wins over their Plus. Give us back the free.

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:58 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
Those bastards! Everyone's looking to make some coin. Even off classic B&W shows.

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:09 am 
Director of the National Post
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
I had read a brief bit on the MegaVideo closing........... (also MegaUpload) its all part of the same thing.
In fact it affected the main site I typically use for my online viewing.

I think the problem with so many of these type online entities, is that they do have too much material that is watched / and protected. (more often than not, its "trying" to be protected)

We all know you can cruise around online and find damn near anything you want, so focusing on one site such as MegaVideo is pretty much bullshit.
As soon as one closes down, it comes right back up on another.

Part of the problem, is most likely when a site gets too well known and publicized like MegaVideo, that brings the heat and attention and something has to be done, but, we all know its futile.

As far as I am concerned, I never much liked MegaVideo anyway, as often they had time restrictions, plus the quality isn't near as good as others.

Hell, give me putlocker or movpod.in, for day to day viewing and its just as good if not better. Even these aren't near the quality of a select few, but I am not that picky when it comes to my viewing online.
These typically get the job done, and always have tons of choices, even the same episode of a given program. Sure the pop-ups that come along with these two in particular are aggravating, but if all it takes is a couple of clicks to get me what I want, then so be it.

You can read more on this here ----> http://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/2 ... ipa-links/

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:16 am 
Stamp Collector
Stamp Collector

I normally watch AHP on Antenna TV which, you guessed it is on regular non cable TV. They also have Jack Benny and all that fun Stuff. =D

I'm a dreamer. I live life through dreams and ideals that are magnificent but humble in structure. I'm a shallow entity dependent on imagery, who is unable to sustain myself without some form of subtle insanity. I'm like a doped out form of graffiti.

Unread postPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:46 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Neutral
That's why I'll stick with DVD. It's simpe, pop in, press play, no ads after the menu screen loads and most of them let you skip past ads before that.