Director: Don Weis

Guest Stars:
Lara Parker .......... Madelaine
Nina Foch ............ Madame Trevi
Bernie Kopell ........ Doctor
Priscilla Morrill .... Griselda
Richard Bakalyan ..... The 1st Killer
Henry Slate .......... 2nd Killer

Chicago, Illinois: When three high fashion models are killed under mysterious circumstances, Kolchak is convinced that Black Magic is behind it all. A serious dilemma of "Which Bitch is the True Witch?"

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:14 am 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

All right, this one scared the crap out of me when I was a kid--growing up, I never remembered the name of the series, all I could remember were those damn mannequins sliding across the floor after Kolchak! I recently watched this one again and I have to be honest, it still gives me the creeps! This show was waaaayy before its time! Great episode--the best in my opinion!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:07 pm 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Well, if not the best, then it is in the top 5 anyway. Black Magick in the Fashion industry. Killer Mannequins, black Sabbaths, and magick charms and spells in 1970's Chicago. Great episode. On of the best to get acquainted to the series with.

10!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:56 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Mean
Well, I disagree with you distinguished gents about this one. Its got very little going for it other than a few creeps courtesy of some mannequins. Although, it's easy to spot the actual mannequins and the actresses that are just posing. Some way, way over the top acting by Lara Parker (Madelaine) doesn't help, either.

Kolchak really stumbles into this mystery again. And the way he takes out the witch misses the mark with me.

In earlier episodes, Kolchak proves that strange monsters and beings were to blame for murders. What I want to know is why does Tony continue to disbelieve Kolchak? It adds to the story I guess, but it bothered me again during this episode.

My Rating: 3 - Fair

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:28 pm 

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
whitsbrain wrote:
In earlier episodes, Kolchak proves that strange monsters and beings were to blame for murders. What I want to know is why does Tony continue to disbelieve Kolchak?

Rudolph Borchert! This gent started his career on this show, writing 5 episodes - 4 besides this. If we look back at his other episodes: Ripper, Youth Killer, Energy Eater, and They Have Been, They Are, They Will Be...
you will note he does a fine job of emulating Richard Matheson's guide lines for both Carl and Tony. So, with these guidelines in mind, he continued his characters based upon this formula - just my perspective, anyway.

Now, agreed, as the Show progressed, Tony should have been less on the doubting side. His arguments about liable, lawsuits, etc and so forth would have been more in character than the constant - I just don't believe this attitude. Hell, even a "Why do you always write about this stuff" argument would have been appropriate.

No apologies needed, Whit. I rated this via the eyes of a 9 year old in '74 when I 1st saw it rather than as the adult I am now. This episode left a permanent embed of itself in my psyche that has never left. Sure, like most things about these shows, there are aspects I can pick on - and agree with you. I personally liked the whole denouncing her to the public gimmick. It wasn't spectacular but creative. Plus, D-Mac sold the scene without over hamming it more than just having fun as he appeared to be having.