Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:22 am 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Just a gentle reminder that today is September 11, 2008 - 7 years after the terrorist attacks that not only effected America but the entire free world. This day should not go by uncommented or unremembered. I remember waking up and having my wife inform me we were just attacked. Like most everybody, I was glued to my TV and watched the horror unfold. Still 7 years later, Osama Bin Laden is still at large. His organization has since been responsible for attacks in Spain, England, and other free and civilized countries around the world. Everyone should take a minute today and contemplate their lives pre and post today's date.

* 7 years later, the UN has placed no manditorium against Terrorists.
    * Countries and states that support terror are still seeking and receiving aid from the UK, US, Canada, and other countries - who still defame us yet love our financial and monetary contributions.
    * The Islamic World has not condemned any terrorist action and most believe we should all just forget it happened - and looking at the liberal bleeding hearts that surround us - they for the most have.

7 years ago as I drove across our country I saw thousands of American flags flying. As I drive around today - other than on big office buildings - I see ne'er a single one. How damn sad. A changing point in world history is sliding into forgetful bliss. If Obama is elected, I suspect that many more things will be forgotten and swept from public conscious because it simply isn't PC. Patriotism shouldn't be PC. It shouldn't be held by any party lines. It shouldn't be swept away because it is in the past. I have lost many friends world wide - military and civilian - from terrorist and the elimination there of.

Now, regardless of whether you are an American, European, Asian, etc - everyone around the world should pay heed and note this date to insure that this never again happens to any land at any time. Fly you flags today people, if for no one else but yourself. The world had a wake-up call and those who wish to sleep can - but hopefully, you won't be counted as one of them.

Show me your flag!

DrM

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:53 am 
The General
The General

My Mood: Giddy
DrMoreau wrote:
If Obama is elected, I suspect that many more things will be forgotten and swept from public conscious because it simply isn't PC. Patriotism shouldn't be PC. It shouldn't be held by any party lines. It shouldn't be swept away because it is in the past. I have lost many friends world wide - military and civilian - from terrorist and the elimination there of.
DrM

Oh come on DrM! You don't really think all will be swept under the rug and forgotten just because a democrat is elected to office--Obama or any other. There is still patriotism, everyone just doesn't show it on their sleeve anymore, which is damn sad, but sorry, President Bush is still in office and it happened while he was in office. (I'm not bagging on the man I voted for him twice!).A President Obama ain't gonna make people forget that and change that though.....I would like to think that we have not forgotten, those of us who watched in horror after the second and third planes ripped away at American flesh.....I don't think we have forgotten, (I haven't and never will) this is a fast food, disposable culture, do it, get it done, and move on to the next thing....unfortunate, but true. It's not that it isn't PC to fly the flag, no one flew a flag for years and then after 9/11 it was the thing to do at the time,(go out and buy a flag and fly it) just like Brittany was the thing, and Paris Hilton was, etc that is the kind of society we live in now...sad, but true.....the rest of us can fly our flags though!

"Oh, just sittin' here with our teeth in our mouth" Vic & Sade

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:54 am 
The General
The General

My Mood: Giddy
I swear I did not realize that was the same flag you posted DrM! I just thought that was cool.....

"Oh, just sittin' here with our teeth in our mouth" Vic & Sade

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:11 pm 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

"we will never forget".....

yeah, right...i knew that was wrong right from the start. all the people with those bumperstickers and all that, those are the kind that are patriotic for the moment. i knew they were jumping the bandwagon of patiotism back then, and they have proven me right.

below is my recap of what happened to me that day....:

i was at the post office working my mail for the day.
we got a "conference room" with a tv in it. my supervisor used to do paperwork in there with the tv on. he musta left it on that day...our janitor came into the room where we sort our mail and made the comment that "they think another plane is gonna hit the World Trade Centre". it didn't hit me. but a few seconds later, i said "another plane???" he said it was on the tv. it still took a few seconds to register what he was saying (what does he mean 'other'?). i put my mail down and went into the other room and it was on the local channel. i walked in about 5 seconds before the plane hit the 2nd building..then, it hit me. i stood there a minute or so and made my coments to some of my nearby co-workers. a few minutes later, i went back and then i saw the building collapse..
that moment destroyed me.
i watch people. always been a people watcher. i was at the World Trade Centre MARRIOT on August 14-18, 2001 for the DARK SHADOWS convention held there. while there, i watched people..the guests, the lobby clerks, the guy that called cabs for you..the host at the hotel restaurant...the people that worked at the SBARRO'S Pizza downstairs in the underground shopping area...all their faces were fresh in my mind as i was just there 4 weeks before...i spent the weekend at the MARRIOT 4 weeks before it was crushed by the towers...
that's why this whole thing hit me so hard. i just kept wondering if this guy or that guy survived...i'll never know.
once i got on my mail route, i listened to the local talk radio station (as i do everyday). then i wanted to get home and watch all this. i had what nobody else had here...local news from NY. i got to see the local stations and their stories as opposed to national news at the time. the big networks did good coverage, but the NY stations had that extra added...emotion to it.
when i finally saw ground footage of the MARRIOT being hit by the initial debris....my hear sank. i coulda been there...while i had some free time that weekend, i fancied the idea of the elevator to the top. i had rode it back in 1982 while on a field trip with my school, so i have been on top of the Tower, once..). the cost was $18 per person. i told myself "there ain't no way i'm gonna pay $18 to go up there"....at that point..i realized how i wished i had paid that $18 to go up the Tower just one more time. but now it's too late. i'll never have that chance again.
guess that's one reason why i lose so much money doing my wrestling shows and keep on doing them..as soon as i don't, i'll regret that i never at least tried. just like my trips to Japan and Ukraine this year..i may not have the money, but the opportunities were too good to pass up. i may be in debt now, but at least i can not say now that..."i wish i had, when i had the chance...."

http://www.aiwfenergy.com

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:51 pm 

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 pm 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

My Mood: Ecstatic
Love the flags, God bless USA!

Its time for us all to UNITE, stop the violence,end hate and bigotry from all over. Lets reach out to
our neighbors to advance to PEACE. If we learned anything from TZ,especially from episodes
like ...Maple Street, its that we should cease irrational suspicions of our neighbors.

I pray the U.N. turns into: a force to unite all countries, and find resolutions
to stop war, and end corruption of all nations, help the poor,etc...

God Bless USA, God Bless the EARTH!

PtE is #1Image

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:06 am 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

My Mood: Mean
Ending violence, hate and bigotry is a great idea, unfortunately it's not something that can be accomplished with one-side participating.

I am normally an optimistic person. I have had a great life and enjoy the benefits that a great country like the USA offers. However, I do not believe those that attacked the US on Sept 11th can be reasoned with or talked to. They hate our way of life and the way it has the potential to bring happiness and empowerment to every individual.

There are many in this world that want power and control over others. They will get it by any means necessary and when they lash out, it's not because we haven't asked them how they feel or what we can do to understand them. It's because they fundamentally view life as something different than the Founding Fathers did.

Reason will not work with these people and as much as we long for some utopia, some worldwide peace, it cannot and will not happen. The best that we can do is protect those that we care about and those who share our need for the freedoms this Country provides.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:06 am 

whitsbrain wrote:
Ending violence, hate and bigotry is a great idea, unfortunately it's not something that can be accomplished with one-side participating.

I am normally an optimistic person. I have had a great life and enjoy the benefits that a great country like the USA offers. However, I do not believe those that attacked the US on Sept 11th can be reasoned with or talked to. They hate our way of life and the way it has the potential to bring happiness and empowerment to every individual.

There are many in this world that want power and control over others. They will get it by any means necessary and when they lash out, it's not because we haven't asked them how they feel or what we can do to understand them. It's because they fundamentally view life as something different than the Founding Fathers did.

Reason will not work with these people and as much as we long for some utopia, some worldwide peace, it cannot and will not happen. The best that we can do is protect those that we care about and those who share our need for the freedoms this Country provides.

WHITSBRAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2008

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:23 am 

[align=justify]
Woodrow Mulligan wrote:
Oh come on DrM! You don't really think all will be swept under the rug and forgotten just because a democrat is elected to office--Obama or any other.

Yes! Especially Obama. The man has no experience and is backed by every Hollywood Liberal. He always talks of change but has no real idea other then too increase the size of our bureaucrats and government. That is not a good change. Hell, 9-11 was a change, I don't want that again. As I stated, Patriotism for your country isn't a party line question. In the day, Liberals were about questioning your government and making them show their cards. Now, it seems to be about increasing the size of our government, imposing more laws to take away our individual freedoms, and rewrite events in history with a more gentle and kinder feel about it. Sounds like fascism and nationalism rather than liberal democracy.

Is every Democrat a nut job? No! Is every Republican a war-munger? No! But when you have a nominee who has less experience then a local mayor - STOP! When he wants to increase government with more committees rather than be proactive and take charge - that's insane in my opinion. When this man is running for the President of the US, but refuses to state the pledge of allegiance - stop. When you need a president to make decisions, I don't want a present vote - I want yes or no.

Now, yes - GW was president when 9-11 happened. He was in office for 9 months. I don't think Osama and his boys came up with the Twin Tower and Pentagon attacks in 9 months - especially since they had tried earlier during Clinton's administration. They had planned it for a while, years earlier. However, the only thing everyone was saying was GW ignored the warning signs. Well, so did slick Willie - for 8 years. Now, in his defense, he was busy getting blow jobs and reaping the benefits from The 12 year Plan that the Regan administration had started during his first term. His second term, he closed down intel - foreign and domestic - and military bases. He sent people to talk to countries that hated us and try to reason with them after the USS Cole, WTC, and other attacks. That certainly stopped them alright.

OK - there is my rant against mindless leadership and scapegoat politics. Back on topic - Patriotism. Our children aren't taught it any more. The American Ideal isn't ingrained anymore. And for my UK friends, their idealisms aren't taught any longer either. To be a boyscout is an antiquated concept. To bash your country is the popular voice because it is just so damn easy. When the masses are taught to be subversive about your own government rather than exhault the very concept of freedom and democracy - there is a problem. When we accept our own people burning our flag as an act of outrage that words can't convey - then we need to educate these people better. When the average American can't tell you who the last 10 presidents were, name all 50 states, or sing the National Anthem but can tell you the gross profits of movies, who is banging who, and which cola won the cola wars - we have a problem. People are only patriotic every 4 years - around election time. They'll fly rainbow flags or wear colorful ribbons for this cause or another all year round, but are embarrassed to fly their national flag - that is ridiculous. Hell, it's ok to wave an "End The War" sign but they won't display or wave an American flag with it is hypocritical.

A wise politician once said, "Freedom is not achieved through words on a document but by the blood sacrificed in defending this principle." 5000 people who were merely at work on 9-11 paid for our freedoms. A not everyone of them were an American. We honor our veterans on Veterans day. We celebrate our freedom by showing of flags and fireworks on July 4th. We celebrate Mothers day, Fathers Day, Labor Day, St. Patty's day, Columbus Day and MLK, Jr. day. But on September 11 and December 7 - we only have the media reminding us that these days are historically important. Shame on us. These are probably among the 2 most important days in our countries history but they have drifted from consciousness and been covered by over as foot notes. To remember and honor those who died on these days, since our illustrious bi-party government won't set these days aside as national holidays, I fly my flag to remember, if for no one else then myself, that good people shed the blood and gave their lives for this country on these days. The red stripes for their blood, the white stripes for our freedom, and the blue sky in hopes of a brighter future.

[/align]

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:32 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

DrMoreau wrote:
whitsbrain wrote:

WHITSBRAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2008

Well Hey! Thanks DrM!

I'm just waiting for RamenNoodle to join PTE and shout me down. :)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:42 pm 

whitsbrain wrote:
I'm just waiting for RamenNoodle to join PTE and shout me down. :)

Not gonna happen. :D

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:51 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

DrMoreau wrote:
[align=justify]
Woodrow Mulligan wrote:
Oh come on DrM! You don't really think all will be swept under the rug and forgotten just because a democrat is elected to office--Obama or any other.

Yes! Especially Obama. The man has no experience and is backed by every Hollywood Liberal. He always talks of change but has no real idea other then too increase the size of our bureaucrats and government. That is not a good change. Hell, 9-11 was a change, I don't want that again. As I stated, Patriotism for your country isn't a party line question. In the day, Liberals were about questioning your government and making them show their cards. Now, it seems to be about increasing the size of our government, imposing more laws to take away our individual freedoms, and rewrite events in history with a more gentle and kinder feel about it. Sounds like fascism and nationalism rather than liberal democracy.

Is every Democrat a nut job? No! Is every Republican a war-munger? No! But when you have a nominee who has less experience then a local mayor - STOP! When he wants to increase government with more committees rather than be proactive and take charge - that's insane in my opinion. When this man is running for the President of the US, but refuses to state the pledge of allegiance - stop. When you need a president to make decisions, I don't want a present vote - I want yes or no.

Now, yes - GW was president when 9-11 happened. He was in office for 9 months. I don't think Osama and his boys came up with the Twin Tower and Pentagon attacks in 9 months - especially since they had tried earlier during Clinton's administration. They had planned it for a while, years earlier. However, the only thing everyone was saying was GW ignored the warning signs. Well, so did slick Willie - for 8 years. Now, in his defense, he was busy getting blow jobs and reaping the benefits from The 12 year Plan that the Regan administration had started during his first term. His second term, he closed down intel - foreign and domestic - and military bases. He sent people to talk to countries that hated us and try to reason with them after the USS Cole, WTC, and other attacks. That certainly stopped them alright.

OK - there is my rant against mindless leadership and scapegoat politics. Back on topic - Patriotism. Our children aren't taught it any more. The American Ideal isn't ingrained anymore. And for my UK friends, their idealisms aren't taught any longer either. To be a boyscout is an antiquated concept. To bash your country is the popular voice because it is just so damn easy. When the masses are taught to be subversive about your own government rather than exhault the very concept of freedom and democracy - there is a problem. When we accept our own people burning our flag as an act of outrage that words can't convey - then we need to educate these people better. When the average American can't tell you who the last 10 presidents were, name all 50 states, or sing the National Anthem but can tell you the gross profits of movies, who is banging who, and which cola won the cola wars - we have a problem. People are only patriotic every 4 years - around election time. They'll fly rainbow flags or wear colorful ribbons for this cause or another all year round, but are embarrassed to fly their national flag - that is ridiculous. Hell, it's ok to wave an "End The War" sign but they won't display or wave an American flag with it is hypocritical.

A wise politician once said, "Freedom is not achieved through words on a document but by the blood sacrificed in defending this principle." 5000 people who were merely at work on 9-11 paid for our freedoms. A not everyone of them were an American. We honor our veterans on Veterans day. We celebrate our freedom by showing of flags and fireworks on July 4th. We celebrate Mothers day, Fathers Day, Labor Day, St. Patty's day, Columbus Day and MLK, Jr. day. But on September 11 and December 7 - we only have the media reminding us that these days are historically important. Shame on us. These are probably among the 2 most important days in our countries history but they have drifted from consciousness and been covered by over as foot notes. To remember and honor those who died on these days, since our illustrious bi-party government won't set these days aside as national holidays, I fly my flag to remember, if for no one else then myself, that good people shed the blood and gave their lives for this country on these days. The red stripes for their blood, the white stripes for our freedom, and the blue sky in hopes of a brighter future.
[/align]

Even though you just nominated me for President, I think you're the better candidate. I don't disagree with a single thing you state here. It's all dead-on.

I put my flag out on American holidays. I have one other neighbor who does so. I will tell you that I have been so conditioned to think that only fly-over country, mullet-headed rednecks fly the flag, that I get this little feeling of embarrassment when I fly it. Well I recently came to the conclusion that I don't give a rat's ass what people think. I have some friends that affectionately call me a "right-wing wacko". I have now come to accept that as a compliment.

I don't know when it was that people became ashamed of this country. But as far as I'm concerned, that logic is f@%ked.

Now let's enjoy some Classic Sci-Fi, Horror, and girls with guns, shall we? :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:48 pm 
whitsbrain wrote:

QFMFT!

This is the single greatest post I have yet to see on any message board I have ever posted on.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:10 pm 
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!

My Mood: Neutral
Greatest way to end violence, hatred and bigotry!! :clap:

Plus some nice high paying defence jobs also! :lol:

Image :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:03 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Cyril The Thrill wrote:
whitsbrain wrote:

QFMFT!

This is the single greatest post I have yet to see on any message board I have ever posted on.

Thanks Cyril.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:17 pm 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

My Mood: Ecstatic
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great Mr Whitbrain,
THANK YOU THANK YOU x Infinity!!!! I do think it is a Great idea. You are so right, I am in agreement, we need for both sides to participate. We ARE in SO MUCH ALIGNMENT: You have no idea.
I AM SO FLATTERED, thanks.
Anyone who wants WAR and VIOLENCE and ANGER, need to STOP, Bottom Line. Anyone who only looks at things myopically are wrong.
If you look at my above post, I say I love the Flag. I love USA. Everyone: God Bless USA!!!!!
Also, God Bless Earth!!! Let us pray that evil ends, and to that point, lets stop all who want to harm us. Sounding like a kid here: lets hope one day all nations do UNITE, thats a dream that seems impossible now, but I can hope :D
I again truly agree with you, 100%, we need to protect ourselves, we need to find solutions to stop haters, the terrorists, and any one who means ill to us and our allies, again, I am in AGREEMENT with YOU.
Lets pray for PEACE.

Due to the intelligence of the members here, our diversity, and our reason, plus our good taste in SCIFI I say:

The PTE CREW for CONGRESS in 2008!!!!!

God Bless and Peace for the USA and EARTH!!!!
MrZ

PS: Wave those US Flags friends.

PSS : Mr WhitsBrain, Thanks again for the compliment, You are a respectable and honorable man that sees eye to eye with me. 8)

PtE is #1Image

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:33 pm 
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master

Beware The Creeper wrote:
Greatest way to end violence, hatred and bigotry!! :clap:

Plus some nice high paying defence jobs also! :lol:

Image :D

Yep, bombings and plenty of porn sent over to these countries, loosen them up a bit. Because it always seems to be the countries where everything is covered up, rather than the ones with hot chicks in skimpy bikinis pissed off at us. We don't seem to go to war too much with countries that are more sexually and romantically liberated or the ones that have nude beaches. Brazil doesn't seem to want to bomb us, right?

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:58 pm 

whitsbrain wrote:
Even though you just nominated me for President, I think you're the better candidate. I don't disagree with a single thing you state here. It's all dead-on. ... I don't know when it was that people became ashamed of this country. But as far as I'm concerned, that logic is f@%ked.

Thanx, Whit. I'm in agreement with you except for the presidential aspect - that is all you. However, Secretary of State, mind you ...

whitsbrain wrote:

ImageImageImage

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:40 am 
Director of the National Post
Director of the National Post

DrMoreau wrote:
whitsbrain wrote:
Even though you just nominated me for President, I think you're the better candidate. I don't disagree with a single thing you state here. It's all dead-on. ... I don't know when it was that people became ashamed of this country. But as far as I'm concerned, that logic is f@%ked.

Thanx, Whit. I'm in agreement with you except for the presidential aspect - that is all you. However, Secretary of State, mind you ...

whitsbrain wrote:

ImageImageImage

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:45 pm 

OK - Sunday - today was the 10th anniversary and it was all over the news and television - but still, in the L.A area, I saw hardly any flags flying. My neighborhood kids even asked me why I was flying the flag - "Is it a holiday or something?" What a difference a decade makes?

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:17 am 
District Post Master
District Post Master

My Mood: Happy

Well, my flag is up. I'm just glad they didn't try and do something again. That would really have turned the world against them.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:04 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
No terrorist attacks in United States since 9/11. Hmmmmm....

BUILDING 7 anyone?