Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:22 am 
Offline
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:14 am
Posts: 7532
Location: In the cold chill that runs down your spine.
My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Just a gentle reminder that today is September 11, 2008 - 7 years after the terrorist attacks that not only effected America but the entire free world. This day should not go by uncommented or unremembered. I remember waking up and having my wife inform me we were just attacked. Like most everybody, I was glued to my TV and watched the horror unfold. Still 7 years later, Osama Bin Laden is still at large. His organization has since been responsible for attacks in Spain, England, and other free and civilized countries around the world. Everyone should take a minute today and contemplate their lives pre and post today's date.

    * 7 years later, the UN has placed no manditorium against Terrorists.
    * Countries and states that support terror are still seeking and receiving aid from the UK, US, Canada, and other countries - who still defame us yet love our financial and monetary contributions.
    * The Islamic World has not condemned any terrorist action and most believe we should all just forget it happened - and looking at the liberal bleeding hearts that surround us - they for the most have.


7 years ago as I drove across our country I saw thousands of American flags flying. As I drive around today - other than on big office buildings - I see ne'er a single one. How damn sad. A changing point in world history is sliding into forgetful bliss. If Obama is elected, I suspect that many more things will be forgotten and swept from public conscious because it simply isn't PC. Patriotism shouldn't be PC. It shouldn't be held by any party lines. It shouldn't be swept away because it is in the past. I have lost many friends world wide - military and civilian - from terrorist and the elimination there of.

Now, regardless of whether you are an American, European, Asian, etc - everyone around the world should pay heed and note this date to insure that this never again happens to any land at any time. Fly you flags today people, if for no one else but yourself. The world had a wake-up call and those who wish to sleep can - but hopefully, you won't be counted as one of them.

Show me your flag!

DrM

Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:53 am 
Offline
The General
The General
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:03 am
Posts: 4410
Location: Oz
My Mood: Giddy
DrMoreau wrote:
If Obama is elected, I suspect that many more things will be forgotten and swept from public conscious because it simply isn't PC. Patriotism shouldn't be PC. It shouldn't be held by any party lines. It shouldn't be swept away because it is in the past. I have lost many friends world wide - military and civilian - from terrorist and the elimination there of.
DrM



Oh come on DrM! You don't really think all will be swept under the rug and forgotten just because a democrat is elected to office--Obama or any other. There is still patriotism, everyone just doesn't show it on their sleeve anymore, which is damn sad, but sorry, President Bush is still in office and it happened while he was in office. (I'm not bagging on the man I voted for him twice!).A President Obama ain't gonna make people forget that and change that though.....I would like to think that we have not forgotten, those of us who watched in horror after the second and third planes ripped away at American flesh.....I don't think we have forgotten, (I haven't and never will) this is a fast food, disposable culture, do it, get it done, and move on to the next thing....unfortunate, but true. It's not that it isn't PC to fly the flag, no one flew a flag for years and then after 9/11 it was the thing to do at the time,(go out and buy a flag and fly it) just like Brittany was the thing, and Paris Hilton was, etc that is the kind of society we live in now...sad, but true.....the rest of us can fly our flags though!
Image

_________________
ImageImage

"Oh, just sittin' here with our teeth in our mouth" Vic & Sade


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:54 am 
Offline
The General
The General
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:03 am
Posts: 4410
Location: Oz
My Mood: Giddy
I swear I did not realize that was the same flag you posted DrM! I just thought that was cool.....

Image

_________________
ImageImage

"Oh, just sittin' here with our teeth in our mouth" Vic & Sade


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:11 pm 
Offline
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:26 am
Posts: 455
Location: randleman,nc
"we will never forget".....

yeah, right...i knew that was wrong right from the start. all the people with those bumperstickers and all that, those are the kind that are patriotic for the moment. i knew they were jumping the bandwagon of patiotism back then, and they have proven me right.

below is my recap of what happened to me that day....:


i was at the post office working my mail for the day.
we got a "conference room" with a tv in it. my supervisor used to do paperwork in there with the tv on. he musta left it on that day...our janitor came into the room where we sort our mail and made the comment that "they think another plane is gonna hit the World Trade Centre". it didn't hit me. but a few seconds later, i said "another plane???" he said it was on the tv. it still took a few seconds to register what he was saying (what does he mean 'other'?). i put my mail down and went into the other room and it was on the local channel. i walked in about 5 seconds before the plane hit the 2nd building..then, it hit me. i stood there a minute or so and made my coments to some of my nearby co-workers. a few minutes later, i went back and then i saw the building collapse..
that moment destroyed me.
i watch people. always been a people watcher. i was at the World Trade Centre MARRIOT on August 14-18, 2001 for the DARK SHADOWS convention held there. while there, i watched people..the guests, the lobby clerks, the guy that called cabs for you..the host at the hotel restaurant...the people that worked at the SBARRO'S Pizza downstairs in the underground shopping area...all their faces were fresh in my mind as i was just there 4 weeks before...i spent the weekend at the MARRIOT 4 weeks before it was crushed by the towers...
that's why this whole thing hit me so hard. i just kept wondering if this guy or that guy survived...i'll never know.
once i got on my mail route, i listened to the local talk radio station (as i do everyday). then i wanted to get home and watch all this. i had what nobody else had here...local news from NY. i got to see the local stations and their stories as opposed to national news at the time. the big networks did good coverage, but the NY stations had that extra added...emotion to it.
when i finally saw ground footage of the MARRIOT being hit by the initial debris....my hear sank. i coulda been there...while i had some free time that weekend, i fancied the idea of the elevator to the top. i had rode it back in 1982 while on a field trip with my school, so i have been on top of the Tower, once..). the cost was $18 per person. i told myself "there ain't no way i'm gonna pay $18 to go up there"....at that point..i realized how i wished i had paid that $18 to go up the Tower just one more time. but now it's too late. i'll never have that chance again.
guess that's one reason why i lose so much money doing my wrestling shows and keep on doing them..as soon as i don't, i'll regret that i never at least tried. just like my trips to Japan and Ukraine this year..i may not have the money, but the opportunities were too good to pass up. i may be in debt now, but at least i can not say now that..."i wish i had, when i had the chance...."

Image

_________________
http://www.facebook.com/aiwf.energy

http://www.aiwfenergy.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:51 pm 
User avatar
Image


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 pm 
Offline
Zone Resident
Zone Resident
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:26 pm
Posts: 10188
Location: Twilight Zone USA
My Mood: Ecstatic
Love the flags, God bless USA!

Its time for us all to UNITE, stop the violence,end hate and bigotry from all over. Lets reach out to
our neighbors to advance to PEACE. If we learned anything from TZ,especially from episodes
like ...Maple Street, its that we should cease irrational suspicions of our neighbors.

I pray the U.N. turns into: a force to unite all countries, and find resolutions
to stop war, and end corruption of all nations, help the poor,etc...

God Bless USA, God Bless the EARTH!

_________________
PtE is #1Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:06 am 
Offline
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 2855
Location: Land of 10,000 Dipsh*ts
My Mood: Mean
Ending violence, hate and bigotry is a great idea, unfortunately it's not something that can be accomplished with one-side participating.

I am normally an optimistic person. I have had a great life and enjoy the benefits that a great country like the USA offers. However, I do not believe those that attacked the US on Sept 11th can be reasoned with or talked to. They hate our way of life and the way it has the potential to bring happiness and empowerment to every individual.

There are many in this world that want power and control over others. They will get it by any means necessary and when they lash out, it's not because we haven't asked them how they feel or what we can do to understand them. It's because they fundamentally view life as something different than the Founding Fathers did.

Reason will not work with these people and as much as we long for some utopia, some worldwide peace, it cannot and will not happen. The best that we can do is protect those that we care about and those who share our need for the freedoms this Country provides.

_________________
Twitter | Letterboxd | Podcast


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:06 am 
Offline
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:14 am
Posts: 7532
Location: In the cold chill that runs down your spine.
My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
whitsbrain wrote:
Ending violence, hate and bigotry is a great idea, unfortunately it's not something that can be accomplished with one-side participating.

I am normally an optimistic person. I have had a great life and enjoy the benefits that a great country like the USA offers. However, I do not believe those that attacked the US on Sept 11th can be reasoned with or talked to. They hate our way of life and the way it has the potential to bring happiness and empowerment to every individual.

There are many in this world that want power and control over others. They will get it by any means necessary and when they lash out, it's not because we haven't asked them how they feel or what we can do to understand them. It's because they fundamentally view life as something different than the Founding Fathers did.

Reason will not work with these people and as much as we long for some utopia, some worldwide peace, it cannot and will not happen. The best that we can do is protect those that we care about and those who share our need for the freedoms this Country provides.


WHITSBRAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2008


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:23 am 
Offline
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:14 am
Posts: 7532
Location: In the cold chill that runs down your spine.
My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
[align=justify]
Woodrow Mulligan wrote:
Oh come on DrM! You don't really think all will be swept under the rug and forgotten just because a democrat is elected to office--Obama or any other.


Yes! Especially Obama. The man has no experience and is backed by every Hollywood Liberal. He always talks of change but has no real idea other then too increase the size of our bureaucrats and government. That is not a good change. Hell, 9-11 was a change, I don't want that again. As I stated, Patriotism for your country isn't a party line question. In the day, Liberals were about questioning your government and making them show their cards. Now, it seems to be about increasing the size of our government, imposing more laws to take away our individual freedoms, and rewrite events in history with a more gentle and kinder feel about it. Sounds like fascism and nationalism rather than liberal democracy.

Is every Democrat a nut job? No! Is every Republican a war-munger? No! But when you have a nominee who has less experience then a local mayor - STOP! When he wants to increase government with more committees rather than be proactive and take charge - that's insane in my opinion. When this man is running for the President of the US, but refuses to state the pledge of allegiance - stop. When you need a president to make decisions, I don't want a present vote - I want yes or no.

Now, yes - GW was president when 9-11 happened. He was in office for 9 months. I don't think Osama and his boys came up with the Twin Tower and Pentagon attacks in 9 months - especially since they had tried earlier during Clinton's administration. They had planned it for a while, years earlier. However, the only thing everyone was saying was GW ignored the warning signs. Well, so did slick Willie - for 8 years. Now, in his defense, he was busy getting blow jobs and reaping the benefits from The 12 year Plan that the Regan administration had started during his first term. His second term, he closed down intel - foreign and domestic - and military bases. He sent people to talk to countries that hated us and try to reason with them after the USS Cole, WTC, and other attacks. That certainly stopped them alright.

OK - there is my rant against mindless leadership and scapegoat politics. Back on topic - Patriotism. Our children aren't taught it any more. The American Ideal isn't ingrained anymore. And for my UK friends, their idealisms aren't taught any longer either. To be a boyscout is an antiquated concept. To bash your country is the popular voice because it is just so damn easy. When the masses are taught to be subversive about your own government rather than exhault the very concept of freedom and democracy - there is a problem. When we accept our own people burning our flag as an act of outrage that words can't convey - then we need to educate these people better. When the average American can't tell you who the last 10 presidents were, name all 50 states, or sing the National Anthem but can tell you the gross profits of movies, who is banging who, and which cola won the cola wars - we have a problem. People are only patriotic every 4 years - around election time. They'll fly rainbow flags or wear colorful ribbons for this cause or another all year round, but are embarrassed to fly their national flag - that is ridiculous. Hell, it's ok to wave an "End The War" sign but they won't display or wave an American flag with it is hypocritical.

A wise politician once said, "Freedom is not achieved through words on a document but by the blood sacrificed in defending this principle." 5000 people who were merely at work on 9-11 paid for our freedoms. A not everyone of them were an American. We honor our veterans on Veterans day. We celebrate our freedom by showing of flags and fireworks on July 4th. We celebrate Mothers day, Fathers Day, Labor Day, St. Patty's day, Columbus Day and MLK, Jr. day. But on September 11 and December 7 - we only have the media reminding us that these days are historically important. Shame on us. These are probably among the 2 most important days in our countries history but they have drifted from consciousness and been covered by over as foot notes. To remember and honor those who died on these days, since our illustrious bi-party government won't set these days aside as national holidays, I fly my flag to remember, if for no one else then myself, that good people shed the blood and gave their lives for this country on these days. The red stripes for their blood, the white stripes for our freedom, and the blue sky in hopes of a brighter future.

[/align]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:32 pm 
Offline
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 2855
Location: Land of 10,000 Dipsh*ts
My Mood: Mean
DrMoreau wrote:
whitsbrain wrote:
Ending violence, hate and bigotry is a great idea, unfortunately it's not something that can be accomplished with one-side participating.

I am normally an optimistic person. I have had a great life and enjoy the benefits that a great country like the USA offers. However, I do not believe those that attacked the US on Sept 11th can be reasoned with or talked to. They hate our way of life and the way it has the potential to bring happiness and empowerment to every individual.

There are many in this world that want power and control over others. They will get it by any means necessary and when they lash out, it's not because we haven't asked them how they feel or what we can do to understand them. It's because they fundamentally view life as something different than the Founding Fathers did.

Reason will not work with these people and as much as we long for some utopia, some worldwide peace, it cannot and will not happen. The best that we can do is protect those that we care about and those who share our need for the freedoms this Country provides.


WHITSBRAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2008


Well Hey! Thanks DrM!

I'm just waiting for RamenNoodle to join PTE and shout me down. :)

_________________
Twitter | Letterboxd | Podcast


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:42 pm 
Offline
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:14 am
Posts: 7532
Location: In the cold chill that runs down your spine.
My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
whitsbrain wrote:
I'm just waiting for RamenNoodle to join PTE and shout me down. :)


Not gonna happen. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:51 pm 
Offline
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 2855
Location: Land of 10,000 Dipsh*ts
My Mood: Mean
DrMoreau wrote:
[align=justify]
Woodrow Mulligan wrote:
Oh come on DrM! You don't really think all will be swept under the rug and forgotten just because a democrat is elected to office--Obama or any other.


Yes! Especially Obama. The man has no experience and is backed by every Hollywood Liberal. He always talks of change but has no real idea other then too increase the size of our bureaucrats and government. That is not a good change. Hell, 9-11 was a change, I don't want that again. As I stated, Patriotism for your country isn't a party line question. In the day, Liberals were about questioning your government and making them show their cards. Now, it seems to be about increasing the size of our government, imposing more laws to take away our individual freedoms, and rewrite events in history with a more gentle and kinder feel about it. Sounds like fascism and nationalism rather than liberal democracy.

Is every Democrat a nut job? No! Is every Republican a war-munger? No! But when you have a nominee who has less experience then a local mayor - STOP! When he wants to increase government with more committees rather than be proactive and take charge - that's insane in my opinion. When this man is running for the President of the US, but refuses to state the pledge of allegiance - stop. When you need a president to make decisions, I don't want a present vote - I want yes or no.

Now, yes - GW was president when 9-11 happened. He was in office for 9 months. I don't think Osama and his boys came up with the Twin Tower and Pentagon attacks in 9 months - especially since they had tried earlier during Clinton's administration. They had planned it for a while, years earlier. However, the only thing everyone was saying was GW ignored the warning signs. Well, so did slick Willie - for 8 years. Now, in his defense, he was busy getting blow jobs and reaping the benefits from The 12 year Plan that the Regan administration had started during his first term. His second term, he closed down intel - foreign and domestic - and military bases. He sent people to talk to countries that hated us and try to reason with them after the USS Cole, WTC, and other attacks. That certainly stopped them alright.

OK - there is my rant against mindless leadership and scapegoat politics. Back on topic - Patriotism. Our children aren't taught it any more. The American Ideal isn't ingrained anymore. And for my UK friends, their idealisms aren't taught any longer either. To be a boyscout is an antiquated concept. To bash your country is the popular voice because it is just so damn easy. When the masses are taught to be subversive about your own government rather than exhault the very concept of freedom and democracy - there is a problem. When we accept our own people burning our flag as an act of outrage that words can't convey - then we need to educate these people better. When the average American can't tell you who the last 10 presidents were, name all 50 states, or sing the National Anthem but can tell you the gross profits of movies, who is banging who, and which cola won the cola wars - we have a problem. People are only patriotic every 4 years - around election time. They'll fly rainbow flags or wear colorful ribbons for this cause or another all year round, but are embarrassed to fly their national flag - that is ridiculous. Hell, it's ok to wave an "End The War" sign but they won't display or wave an American flag with it is hypocritical.

A wise politician once said, "Freedom is not achieved through words on a document but by the blood sacrificed in defending this principle." 5000 people who were merely at work on 9-11 paid for our freedoms. A not everyone of them were an American. We honor our veterans on Veterans day. We celebrate our freedom by showing of flags and fireworks on July 4th. We celebrate Mothers day, Fathers Day, Labor Day, St. Patty's day, Columbus Day and MLK, Jr. day. But on September 11 and December 7 - we only have the media reminding us that these days are historically important. Shame on us. These are probably among the 2 most important days in our countries history but they have drifted from consciousness and been covered by over as foot notes. To remember and honor those who died on these days, since our illustrious bi-party government won't set these days aside as national holidays, I fly my flag to remember, if for no one else then myself, that good people shed the blood and gave their lives for this country on these days. The red stripes for their blood, the white stripes for our freedom, and the blue sky in hopes of a brighter future.
[/align]

Even though you just nominated me for President, I think you're the better candidate. I don't disagree with a single thing you state here. It's all dead-on.

I put my flag out on American holidays. I have one other neighbor who does so. I will tell you that I have been so conditioned to think that only fly-over country, mullet-headed rednecks fly the flag, that I get this little feeling of embarrassment when I fly it. Well I recently came to the conclusion that I don't give a rat's ass what people think. I have some friends that affectionately call me a "right-wing wacko". I have now come to accept that as a compliment.

I don't know when it was that people became ashamed of this country. But as far as I'm concerned, that logic is f@%ked.

Now let's enjoy some Classic Sci-Fi, Horror, and girls with guns, shall we? :D

_________________
Twitter | Letterboxd | Podcast


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:48 pm 
User avatar
whitsbrain wrote:
Ending violence, hate and bigotry is a great idea, unfortunately it's not something that can be accomplished with one-side participating.

I am normally an optimistic person. I have had a great life and enjoy the benefits that a great country like the USA offers. However, I do not believe those that attacked the US on Sept 11th can be reasoned with or talked to. They hate our way of life and the way it has the potential to bring happiness and empowerment to every individual.

There are many in this world that want power and control over others. They will get it by any means necessary and when they lash out, it's not because we haven't asked them how they feel or what we can do to understand them. It's because they fundamentally view life as something different than the Founding Fathers did.

Reason will not work with these people and as much as we long for some utopia, some worldwide peace, it cannot and will not happen. The best that we can do is protect those that we care about and those who share our need for the freedoms this Country provides.


QFMFT!

This is the single greatest post I have yet to see on any message board I have ever posted on.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:10 pm 
Offline
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:24 am
Posts: 11217
Location: Suburban Georgia!
My Mood: Neutral
Greatest way to end violence, hatred and bigotry!! :clap:

Plus some nice high paying defence jobs also! :lol:

Image :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:03 pm 
Offline
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 2855
Location: Land of 10,000 Dipsh*ts
My Mood: Mean
Cyril The Thrill wrote:
whitsbrain wrote:
Ending violence, hate and bigotry is a great idea, unfortunately it's not something that can be accomplished with one-side participating.

I am normally an optimistic person. I have had a great life and enjoy the benefits that a great country like the USA offers. However, I do not believe those that attacked the US on Sept 11th can be reasoned with or talked to. They hate our way of life and the way it has the potential to bring happiness and empowerment to every individual.

There are many in this world that want power and control over others. They will get it by any means necessary and when they lash out, it's not because we haven't asked them how they feel or what we can do to understand them. It's because they fundamentally view life as something different than the Founding Fathers did.

Reason will not work with these people and as much as we long for some utopia, some worldwide peace, it cannot and will not happen. The best that we can do is protect those that we care about and those who share our need for the freedoms this Country provides.


QFMFT!

This is the single greatest post I have yet to see on any message board I have ever posted on.


Thanks Cyril.

_________________
Twitter | Letterboxd | Podcast


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:17 pm 
Offline
Zone Resident
Zone Resident
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:26 pm
Posts: 10188
Location: Twilight Zone USA
My Mood: Ecstatic
Ending violence, hate and bigotry is a great idea, unfortunately it's not something that can be accomplished with one-side participating.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great Mr Whitbrain,
THANK YOU THANK YOU x Infinity!!!! I do think it is a Great idea. You are so right, I am in agreement, we need for both sides to participate. We ARE in SO MUCH ALIGNMENT: You have no idea.
I AM SO FLATTERED, thanks.
Anyone who wants WAR and VIOLENCE and ANGER, need to STOP, Bottom Line. Anyone who only looks at things myopically are wrong.
If you look at my above post, I say I love the Flag. I love USA. Everyone: God Bless USA!!!!!
Also, God Bless Earth!!! Let us pray that evil ends, and to that point, lets stop all who want to harm us. Sounding like a kid here: lets hope one day all nations do UNITE, thats a dream that seems impossible now, but I can hope :D
I again truly agree with you, 100%, we need to protect ourselves, we need to find solutions to stop haters, the terrorists, and any one who means ill to us and our allies, again, I am in AGREEMENT with YOU.
Lets pray for PEACE.

Due to the intelligence of the members here, our diversity, and our reason, plus our good taste in SCIFI I say:


The PTE CREW for CONGRESS in 2008!!!!!

God Bless and Peace for the USA and EARTH!!!!
MrZ

PS: Wave those US Flags friends.

PSS : Mr WhitsBrain, Thanks again for the compliment, You are a respectable and honorable man that sees eye to eye with me. 8)

_________________
PtE is #1Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:33 pm 
Offline
Regional Post Master
Regional Post Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:13 pm
Posts: 2261
My Mood: Neutral
Beware The Creeper wrote:
Greatest way to end violence, hatred and bigotry!! :clap:

Plus some nice high paying defence jobs also! :lol:

Image :D


Yep, bombings and plenty of porn sent over to these countries, loosen them up a bit. Because it always seems to be the countries where everything is covered up, rather than the ones with hot chicks in skimpy bikinis pissed off at us. We don't seem to go to war too much with countries that are more sexually and romantically liberated or the ones that have nude beaches. Brazil doesn't seem to want to bomb us, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:58 pm 
Offline
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:14 am
Posts: 7532
Location: In the cold chill that runs down your spine.
My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
whitsbrain wrote:
Even though you just nominated me for President, I think you're the better candidate. I don't disagree with a single thing you state here. It's all dead-on. ... I don't know when it was that people became ashamed of this country. But as far as I'm concerned, that logic is f@%ked.


Thanx, Whit. I'm in agreement with you except for the presidential aspect - that is all you. However, Secretary of State, mind you ...

whitsbrain wrote:
Now let's enjoy some Classic Sci-Fi, Horror, and girls with guns, shall we? :D

ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:40 am 
Offline
Director of the National Post
Director of the National Post
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:39 am
Posts: 7778
Location: In a poker game somewhere.....
My Mood: Neutral
DrMoreau wrote:
whitsbrain wrote:
Even though you just nominated me for President, I think you're the better candidate. I don't disagree with a single thing you state here. It's all dead-on. ... I don't know when it was that people became ashamed of this country. But as far as I'm concerned, that logic is f@%ked.


Thanx, Whit. I'm in agreement with you except for the presidential aspect - that is all you. However, Secretary of State, mind you ...

whitsbrain wrote:
Now let's enjoy some Classic Sci-Fi, Horror, and girls with guns, shall we? :D

ImageImageImage

_________________
-"PLEASE FORGIVE LEO, HE'S NEVER HAD MUCH FAITH IN HUMANITY"-
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:45 pm 
Offline
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:14 am
Posts: 7532
Location: In the cold chill that runs down your spine.
My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
OK - Sunday - today was the 10th anniversary and it was all over the news and television - but still, in the L.A area, I saw hardly any flags flying. My neighborhood kids even asked me why I was flying the flag - "Is it a holiday or something?" What a difference a decade makes?


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:17 am 
Offline
District Post Master
District Post Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:44 am
Posts: 1801
Location: Swansea, UK
My Mood: Happy
Image

Well, my flag is up. I'm just glad they didn't try and do something again. That would really have turned the world against them.

_________________
Image
* Thanks to DrMoreau for creating and hosting this!


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:04 am 
Offline
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:55 am
Posts: 3147
Location: Deepstar Six
My Mood: So-So
No terrorist attacks in United States since 9/11. Hmmmmm....

Image

BUILDING 7 anyone?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB 3.0.11 © 2002 ~ 2014 phpBB Group
subTrails recreated by DrMoreau for PtE Forums.