Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:33 pm 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Photobucket™ has forced me into it's damned "beta" version and it won't let me switch back.

They are discontinuing the "old" P-Bucket for the "new and improved" — which is now a social media site (the owners are Myspace).

Already many of the pictures I posted at other sites are 'broken', i. e., "the person had deleted or removed this picture" is showing up instead of pictures.

It's going to take me quite awhile to find a suitable we picture hosting site (can anyone recommend one?) as I have just over 9,000 pictures to evetually restore.

All while suing P-Bucket as, according to the Washington State Attorney General's office, they are in a clear breach of contract.

Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:00 am 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

Hold up, Butch. Phineas hipped me to Photobucket back in 2007 when we started PtE as a better alternative to imageshack - which it is. I noted that a few of the images posted by both you and Kaptain were all of a sudden being blocked. Same too with mine and Phineas'. What they did when the Beta kicked in was to set all your folders to Private mode. This is what was causing havoc for me. I'm not sure if Phineas opted in to the Beta or not.

Try This:

1) Log In to your account.

2) Go to home/privacy.

3) Set albums to Public.

4) if you are concerned about people copying them, uncheck "Allow others to copy my photos & videos" if it is unchecked, recheck it.

Other items to investigate:

Expand your albums on this page and select which albums to make private or public. Setting files to public allows them to show up again.
Also, uncheck that "Scramble future uploads" box. I hate when sites rename my files.

You may need to close your browser and restart it to clear the cache on some sites for this to take effect - browser issues. I personally use opera so I can do it on the fly without need of close and restart.

As an FYI - The sig banner in your signature is from the PtE photobucket account.

Hope it Helps,

DrM

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:02 pm 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

The cursor simply doesn't change from the "arrow" to the "finger" when I place it in the proper position.

And I have found out why.

I have obtained a new (although used) Mac, a PowerPC G-5 Dual 1.8GHz using OS 10.5.8.

Unfortunately Photobucket™ currently only supports Mac OS 10.6.1 and above — and they've just announced that any future revisions will be for Mac OS 10.8!

It seems that they are deliberately driving us older customers away so that they can have a social networking site which will (their own words) "… an alternative to Facebook™ …"!

Like THAT'S going to happen. Zuckerman (first name unknown to me — and I DON'T care) is a multi-billionaire. He has more money to through at a "problem".

So, unless I can find an emulator so that my Motorola chip-based Mac can run the Intel chip-based 10.6 and higher software; I'm stuck.

AND if Photobucket™ does go to the (currently stable) 10.8.2 or the (currently unstable) 10.8.3; then I'm dead in the water.

I am simply unable to upload any pictures at all.

Being a shut-in with an extremely limited budget sucks.

Having a vision problem that prevents my using an LCD flat screen sucks.

Having a premiere drafting program (GenericCADD 2.0b) that works only under Mac OS 9 sucks.

So my postings are going to be the occasional comment.

Sorry friends. It looks as if my days using the computer and the internet are just about over.

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:13 pm 

Butch,

Have you tried http://imageshack.us/

DrM

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:00 pm 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

Yep. I guess I am too old. (I learned my computer skills when the IBM 360 was brand new!) I find that it would be a pain to move and re-organize 9,000 + photos.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:57 pm 
Postal Carrier
Postal Carrier

HURRAY!!!!

The fine folks at Apple™ computer have come to my rescue!

They have sent me a patch to the Safari 5.0.6 browser that fools Photobucket™ into thinking that I have Mac OS 10.6.2 instead of the Mac OS 10.5.8 that I have!

Apple™ is even going to try to create a patch for Mac OS 9.6.2 so that I may continue to use my drafting program, GenericCADD 2.0b!

I still hate their new “beta” look, however. Uploading is NOT as simple as they say and the endless loading of the scrolling of your albums is STILL very tedious. And NOTHING is in the order that I placed it in. AND the uploaded pictures ARE NOT placed where they can be easily found.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:40 pm 

Good to hear, Butch. Apple doing something for free for their longtime users is a good thing to hear - a real good thing.

PB Beta - when you upload, be sure to choose the directory otherwise it goes to the default folder but not always to the last loaded.

Be wary on new uploads, the change the name with a file name addition of about 6 random characters. This pisses me off because I usually code in my names for easy data/post entries. No way to disable currently - even when you tell it to stop it.

Being a visual person, the added bells and whistles - while still in development - have no benefit for me. I don't need a story section - I post in a forum. Their slide show is not as seamless as it should be and bulks down the network unnecessarily.

Their built-in Image editor has gotten better. Saves me time with photoshop for the quick cleanup. Still not great but better than the old version.