Pushing The Envelope Forums

Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:14 am 
Beware! 10,000 Posts, Baby!

My Mood: Neutral
If you have an IMDB account and want to save contacts and messages do it before the end of February! :?

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:06 am 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

My Mood: Ecstatic
I do not have an account, I like the site, yet I never understood why Yahoo Movies never got the attention they did.

Thanks for heads up.

PtE is #1Image

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:25 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
I was wondering where they disappeared to ....its pretty unfortunate. Seems like message boards and forums ;) are being phased out for other alternative social media websites. Is this a possible foreshadowing of PTE?

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:00 am 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

StillValleyBard wrote:
I was wondering where they disappeared to ....its pretty unfortunate. Seems like message boards and forums ;) are being phased out for other alternative social media websites. Is this a possible foreshadowing of PTE?

Let's hope not, glad you are back, we need you to post more again, to help attract more people here again.

The PTE is my favorite media forum , it has so many great links to classic shows, some great topic discussions threads, some fun games,
fun picture posting threads, etc...

Z

PtE is #1Image

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:29 am 
Post Master General
Post Master General

StillValleyBard wrote:
... Seems like message boards and forums ;) are being phased out for other alternative social media websites. Is this a possible foreshadowing of PTE?

Greetings All,

Anything is possible.

I've seen Video kill the Radio Star only to re resurrected by internet Radio, Pod Casts, & Satellite.
I've watched Network TV be replaced by Cable, then Satellite, now by NetFlix, Amazon, etc.
I've heard Vinyl LPs get replaced by Cassettes, then CDs, then they in turn by MP3s via file sharing & iTunes.
I've experienced 8 & 16mm film become replaced by BetaMax that submitted to VHS, then to DVD, then by BluRay, & now digital content downloads.

However, regardless of the continual evolution of the way we experience life, we still continue to seek out what we enjoy & the many faceted ways it is offered to us over time. Even on the internet we started with Chat Rooms, then Blogs, then MySpace/Face Book/Twitter/Instagram/etc. As we can yet, the world & man's participation in it, constantly evolves. The trick is, we need to evolve with it.

IMDB's Message board did not evolve. It was not moderated as it should have been. It had little to no restriction or response to control its numerous trolls, haters, bullshit propagandist ... basically it was junior high mentality running amuck on a serious Film/TV database forum. People seeking real feedback & not troll trashing left for greener pastures may years back. Some pastures were better, some the same or worse, again, you can't control people only take responsible for the content presented & the decorum implemented on where they converse.

PtE has been an outlet for many who were pestered by trolls elsewhere & no longer felt that oppression. You have the ability to post, hopefully have fun, & express yourself or inquire without the fear of the aforementioned trolls, flamers, overly zealot Admins & Mods. TZDZ Fan & DrMoreau saw the need for a more congenial forum board with posting potentials & possibilities while still keeping a "needed" control. That's where I came in. To safeguard membership from spammers, arbitrate disputes, & maintain a free spirit without iron curtain restraints on how you go about it.

PtE has been around for 10 years &, as a forum board, implemented some clever innovations not, at the time, implemented anywhere else. That being said, 10 years is a long time & peoples interest, including posting habits, change. Life occurs all the while preventing the attention they once had or wanted to have on the board. Everyone can relate to this, I certainly know I can. This being said, as long as their are topics of interest that gather conversation, a relaxed environment & useful information being offered, PtE will hopefully still evolve with the times & continue to exist. But, as I stated when I opened this post, anything is possible. The future may be unknown but always remember, its our for the taking if we choose to.

Have Fun & Happy Posting,

PJW

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:22 am 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

Greetings Great Mr. W,

You are right in that things evolve. Maybe one day soon we will all be posting and chatting virtually/or be on Holodecks like on Stat Trek, yes I know I
sound like a techie fanboy; yet, VR is now adapted to our Smart Phones, so why could'nt we have a PTE VR WORLD?

Thanks for the great commentary, Mr.W. As always, we are true Sci Fi/fantasy fans, that is what first brought us together, that fact and our brotherhood and sisterhood
keeps us united.

I agree TZ DZ, Dr M and yourself are true gents and are very congenial and wonderful people and friends. This board is a very relaxing, free flowing , open forum. The board members here are great too. Yes, we have a lot of fun here.

PTE founders: thanks for keeping it up for all these years ( since 2007, wow).

Long Live the PTE ( in any and all forms).

PtE is #1Image

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:52 pm 
Director of the National Post

Just saw this, I have been away for a spell.

(In fact DrM called me a couple weeks ago, but I have been dealing with a couple personal issues and I have not rang him back)
I did text him, but I gather it wasn't overly serious, only that we haven't spoken in a while. While we don't speak as much as we used to, every few months we chat for a bit if possible.

I too have noticed over the last month or so, that the boards on IMDB just up and vanished!

This explains it.

ANNNND- apparently there was a glitch here, and it was keeping us from getting new board members.
For some reason it went under the radar, and DrM nor I had noticed.
(to be honest, I have very little to do with activating new members.......that explains why it went under the radar)

Though I am still dealing with a minor health issue, I should be back a bit more now here and there. :twisted:

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:28 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
TZ DZ Fan wrote:
Just saw this, I have been away for a spell.

Though I am still dealing with a minor health issue, I should be back a bit more now here and there. :twisted:

TZ DZ Fan

Get well* soon and welcome back :wasted: :wasted: :evil:

*I hear gonasyphaherpalaids is a real pain in the butt :clap:

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:48 am 

Thanks for the well wishes guys.

I hope this post does not go unnoticed.

As several of you know, I have taken care of myself and lifted weights, generally watched what I ate (though I used to drink a bit) and I lead a fairly healthy lifestyle, and have for years.

In early January or late December, I had a bit of a fluke injury. I "pulled" and aggravated my right winged scapula, which (for lack of a better description), is my right shoulder blade.
I noticed it tighten up one evening while dealing in a poker game.
A few days later I tweaked it a bit lifting, then ALL BETS WERE OFF.
I shut down lifting , as this tight dull throbbing pain in my upper back just below my right shoulder blade would not go away.
Note this was not done lifting, it was pretty much a fluke/bad luck injury, that I irritated a bit afterwards.

As the weeks went on, the pain would come and go, never being too bad early mornings and afternoon, but it was pretty bad late nights.
This may sound like an odd injury, and in all reality it is, but the doctors assured me that this is actually a common injury. While NOT overly serious......it tends to linger and takes a long time to heal.
The reason is, your arms and back muscles are constantly moving. Its like you are literally re-aggravating that area all day long.
The Drs said "imagine a bird with an injured wing, its nearly impossible for it to heal under normal conditions, because its literally always in constant use."
Thats pretty much what I dealt with, and still do.
I spend a few hours at the computer most nights, and it was apparent sitting and working like that has not helped either.

Last week I started physical therapy, and the Dr. there believes that I can pretty much beat this in 4 weeks, which is faster than what the other Drs thought.
A slight postural issue seems to be slowing the healing to boot.

Anyway, I post this not looking for sympathy, just to give you guys a heads up on where I have been.
Most of you also know I play poker 3-4 nights a week, and that too tends to aggravate this injury.

I will be around, but I am trying to limit my computer exposure for a few more weeks to help try and get this fixed.

I will repost this in the board announcements area, as its probably better suited there.

TZ DZ Fan

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:33 am 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

TZ DZ,

I pray you recover swiftly. We miss you here at the PTE; yet, understand if you need a hiatus to heal, do what you must to recuperate.

When you get back, I/we look forward to reading about your path to recovery.

best of health, good sir.

PtE is #1Image

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:59 pm 

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:07 am 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

PtE is #1Image