Classic & Cult Television, Movies and More
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Concerts
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:58 pm 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

My Mood: Happy
Mr. Mulligan asked me if I was going to go see 'No Doubt' in concert, unfortunately, I know this is highly doubtful (pun intended).
This sparked this PtE thread. Thanks Mr. M.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. What are some concerts you have been to, and when?

Me, I have been to The Cure , and Erasure 1986, Depeche Mode ( Nitzer Ebb opened them, great band imho)1989, Ministry with RATM, and Sepulchra, 1990. Duran Duran , 1986. These are some of my favorite concerts.
My first concert was AC/DC, in 1980 ( I was 10), my folks took my sisters and myself, parents hated it, so we left early.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. What ones are you going ot next, and how much are they charging?

Me, none probably for along time, no time ; I checked out how much Foreigner costs ( up to $178.00), wow.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zone Thanks
Z

PS: Sorry if this is a repeat thread.

Image We are Zone Money. PtE is #1

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:06 pm 
The General
The General

My Mood: Giddy
Well, just in the past 6 months or so we have seen, the aforementioned, AC/DC which is one of the best damn concerts I have ever seen! Just awesome, non-stop 2 1/2 hour thrill ride. They sang all their hits and most of the new album which is mighty fine too.
I mean when a group can sing one of their big hits the third song in, Back In Black, then it's gonna be a helluva show...IMHO..

A few months before that we saw The Eagles and they were awesome in a different kind of way, but they played for 3 hours not including the intermission.

To go back over my lifetime and think of the acts I have seen, just at random,
Elton John, once at the Hollywood Bowl
Ella Fitzgerald 4 times at the Hollywood Bowl, Mel Torme, Peggy Lee as well....

Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jr.....hell of a show, I just missed when Dean Martin was playing with them darn it as I always wanted to see him.

I have seen the Rolling Stones about 15 times I believe....love them, but you couldn't tell.....

Saw Asia twice in their heyday and now they are touring with a version of Yes (whom I did see with Jon Anderson though), without Jon Anderson so I don't know why they can call themselves YES!! :x When they were touring last year alone, Asia, that is, I wanted to see them and even emailed them and they said no one was interested in KC to bring them here. Now they are coming sharing the bill so I am debating on that one....

Saw Barbara Mandrel, The Statler Brothers a few times with the originals, Garth Brooks( not impressed), John Conlee ( a unique voice I think and he still sounds like the records he made big in the 70's-80's--Rose Colored Glasses, Miss Emily's Picture, etc),Loretta Lynn, George Jones, George Strait, Alan Jackson, Alabama, etc...

I could go on and on....I will have to sit down and think about a more concise list!

"Oh, just sittin' here with our teeth in our mouth" Vic & Sade

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:08 pm 
Time And Realative Dimension In Space
Time And Realative Dimension In Space

My Mood: Whatever I want it to be
Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers - Damn the Torpedoes Tour

Queen - All that Jazz / The Game / Hot Spaces

Elton John - Dodger Stadium 1977?

AC/DC Highway to Hell / Back in Black / For Those About to Rock

Kiss - Creatures of the Night / Animalize / Reunion Tour '96

Rolling Stones - 1980 ~ 2007

Bow Wow Wow

Cheap Trick

Aerosmith - Rock in Hard Place / Get A Grip

Pink Floyd - The Wall / Division Bell

Eagles - Hell Froze Over

Mister Mister

Adam Ant - Kings of the Wild Frontier / Prince Charming / Strip

Dio - Holy Diver / Last In Line

Duran Duran - Rio

Rod Stewart - 1988

Prince - Purple Rain and Controversy as an opening act for RS

George Thoroughgood - Opening Act RS Tattoo You

G&R - Appetite for Destruction (Opening act RS)

Elvis Costello - Spike

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Roxy, Rainbow Room, Blood Sex Sugar Magic and opening act RS Voo Doo Lounge Tour

Oingo Boingo - Halloween Shows at Universal 81 ~ 83.

Krokus - Head Hunter Tour

Queensryche - Queen of the Ryche EP (Opening act for Kiss)

Cinderella - Opening Act for Kiss

Supertramp - Breakfast in America / Famous Last Words

Black Sabbath - Mob Rules

David Bowie - Glass Spider

Billy Squire - Lonely is the Night (Opened for Queen)

Dokken - Tooth and Nail (Opened for Dio)

Sammy Hagar / Triumph / Van Halen @ Cal Jam 2

And another dozen or so I'm forgetting

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:07 am 
Zone Resident
Zone Resident

My Mood: Happy
Wow, alot of concerts, guys, we have diverse tastes, yet all of us have been to AC/DC at one time or another.
LOL

Z

Image We are Zone Money. PtE is #1

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:47 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

My Mood: Esoteric
I've been to a ton in my college years, but the most recent concert was just a couple days ago at Jones Beach for my wife's birthday -- ZZ Top and Aerosmith. Great show!

Courtesy of Dr. Moreau & PJW

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:50 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

My Mood: So-So
I've never really been a concert goer. Just never really interested me but I have been to alot of shows for local bands. I dont believe I have ever seen a main stream band live or in concert, unless you people have heard of Jimmy's Chicken Shack or SR-71, both local I believe to the DC area.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:14 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

StillValleyBard wrote:
I've never really been a concert goer. Just never really interested me but I have been to alot of shows for local bands. I dont believe I have ever seen a main stream band live or in concert, unless you people have heard of Jimmy's Chicken Shack or SR-71, both local I believe to the DC area.

Jimmie's Chicken Shack -- Sweet!!! I saw them about 9 yrs ago for like 10 bucks. There weren't many people there which made it even more awesome because we were right up at the stage the entire time. They were fun to watch. I've heard of SR-71 but never saw them live.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:39 am 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

lazyboyx51 wrote:
StillValleyBard wrote:

Jimmie's Chicken Shack -- Sweet!!! I saw them about 9 yrs ago for like 10 bucks. There weren't many people there which made it even more awesome because we were right up at the stage the entire time. They were fun to watch. I've heard of SR-71 but never saw them live.

Awesome. They have always been loyal to the DC area because Washington DC has been loyal to them. Very good band when seen live. I have also been up front for their shows and its always a great time with good tunes. Where did they play Lazy?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8cNFGjtGlrU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8cNFGjtGlrU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8WR3gF9J0hQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8WR3gF9J0hQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:13 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

It was so long ago I can't remember specifically, but I know it was either Tramps (now defunct) or Irving Plaza in NYC. I loved the "Pushing The Salmanilla Envelope" CD best. The second album was ok, a little more mainstream. Oddly enough, now that you mention it, I'm not sure if you're aware of it, but my screenname/handle is partly based on them -- their song "Lazyboy Dash" which is great. The other half of the handle is from Powerman 5000's song "Son of X51".

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:32 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

I am honestly impressed. That is crazy....I never would have assumed that.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:57 pm 
Director of the National Post
Director of the National Post

My Mood: Neutral
Jimmy's Chicken Shack used to do alot of shows here locally in Richmond, a few years ago.

I never went and saw them (or any similar smaller acts for that matter either), but several of my friends said they were really good.

One time at a small bar probably like 10 years ago, I DID* happen to catch another local group called "Groove Spot".

They were also a bit more popular than a few of the other local acts, and even had a bit of a following.
They weren't too bad actually.

TZ DZ fan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:50 pm 
The General
The General

My Mood: Giddy
I sat down and thought about this some more and knew there were tons more I had forgotten and I am sure more to come.

How could I forget I saw Elvis on June 20, 1977, his second to last concert EVER, with my Mom and brother?!!
I even took photos with my little Kodak brownie-type camera and all you see is this dot on the stage!

I have seen Country, rock, band singers, tons of them....

-Charley Pride just a couple of years ago for the first time and he was wonderful, sounds the same!
-Charlie Rich in the early 70's
-Johnny Cash in the early 70's
-Merle Hagard a few years back
Brooks & Dunn

Then I have seen many classic comedians:
Bob Hope, George Burns, Victor Borge, Red Skelton-saw him 4 times!
I will never forgot this 60ish man get on his tummy and show us how bacon fries in a pan, but it was hysterical! He was a funny man.

Toto
Little River Band
Saw Guns & Roses
, the original line-up mind you, open for The Rolling Stones on their 1989 tour 4X's in LA!! That was pure heaven for me!!
I have seen every Stones concert since '89 and some several times. The farthest I have traveled was in 2002 saw them in Las Vegas, Oklahoma, all over!
Rush just saw them for the first time a few years ago '07 I believe--awesome just like I knew they would be!
Bruce Springsteen a few times
REO Speedwagon several times in their heyday years...
Bob Dylan and Tom Petty together back in the 80's and then Petty & the Heartbreakers alone several times
Fleetwood Mac for the first time in 1982 with the original line-up, then in '02 with everyone minus Christine McVie and then earlier this year, still sound great!!
Smokey Robinson puts on a hell of a show too....
Rosemary Clooney
Tina Turner in '02 on her first farewell tour
Supertramp on their farewell tour I wanna say 1988 or '89 then the one lead singer left..Roger Hodgson
Neil Diamond
Rod Stewart
Avalon
Steven Curtis Chapman
Michael W. Smith

Celine Dion
and then last Saturday we saw...............THE WIGGLES for the second time!!!! :wtf:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fusg8zKsYHg[/youtube]
They are billionairesmade so by all the kids that love them including mine!!

"Oh, just sittin' here with our teeth in our mouth" Vic & Sade

Post subject: Re: Concerts
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:51 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Going to the Carnivores Tour this summer at Jones Beach here on Long Island.

Linkin Park and 30 Seconds to Mars with special guests AFI. Yeah bitch!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... r-20140305

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:38 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Wow those 5 months passed since I posted and it's rock show time! The show is tomorrow at Nikon Theater in Jones Beach - can't wait!

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:31 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

Never replied after going to the show - what a mess the day was. Ultimately, we hit the road about 20 minutes later than we wanted, hit traffic, finally got there only to drive around the parking lot for 15 minutes to get a spot. f@%king tailgaters!!! Sons of bitches were sitting in damn parking spots! GTFO! All that caused us to miss AFI, which made me very angry. They only played a 30-minute set (9 songs) which sucks. Plus they started at 6:30 - who the f@%k starts a concert that early? Glad I saw 30 Seconds to Mars, but not interested in seeing them again. Linkin Park was very good - surprised I enjoyed it as much as I did because I've seen them numerous times.

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:20 am 
1st Class Mail Carrier
1st Class Mail Carrier

went to see LITTLE RIVER BAND and ALICE COOPER/MOTLEY CRUE a few weeks back. my
4th time for Crue live.

http://www.aiwfenergy.com

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:37 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

I was at the Best Buy Theater in NYC (Times Square) last night with my brother and a friend to see Bush (guests Stars in Stereo and Theory of a Deadman). Freakin' great show! The opener was alright, but Theory of a Deadman was good and Bush was amazing. They sounded as good as they did 15 years ago, which is probably the last time I saw them live. They left no stone unturned, performing for nearly 1 hour 45 minutes and hitting all the songs we wanted to here and then some. Even their new songs sounded great. What an awesome show.

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:58 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Good stuff Lazy. I need to get on youtube and play some best of Bush. Ive been meaning to do that lately. You go a few years without listening to them and it hits you hard. Great rock...

Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:38 am 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

This was the setlist from that concert:

The Sound of Winter
Bodies in Motion
Everything Zen
I Believe in You
Just Like My Other Sins
Greedy Fly
This House Is on Fire
The Chemicals Between Us
The Only Way Out
Swallowed
Broken in Paradise
The People That We Love
The Gift
Letting the Cables Sleep
Insect Kin
Little Things

Encore:
Machinehead
Once in a Lifetime (Talking Heads cover)
Glycerine
Comedown

It was a great song selection IMO. The only other track I would've liked to hear (which I have seen on some other setlists for the current tour) is Mouth. In playing that track at some shows, they skipped over other "singles" so personally I think the NYC show hit all the right ones.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:56 pm 
Public Interests Liaison
Public Interests Liaison

Pretty sweet playlist.Which Bush song has the "speed kills...coming down the mountain" lyrics? Or was that not a part of their set. I cant seem to remember the name of the song.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:18 pm 
The Pie Maker
The Pie Maker

StillValleyBard wrote:
Pretty sweet playlist.Which Bush song has the "speed kills...coming down the mountain" lyrics? Or was that not a part of their set. I cant seem to remember the name of the song.

The People That We Love - yeah they played that. I know, I do the same thing. I always call the song Speed Kills, forgetting it's not the actual title.